The official Embrace the Hate/ Stop the hatin' thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official Embrace the Hate/ Stop the hatin' thread

Because haters gonna hate, I thought we could maybe use a designated thread where we discuss articles that express skepticism towards our ranking, success, schedule, coach etc. Might be a nice alternative to letting discussions take over the Poll Watch thread.

If people want it in poll watch that is fine with me too, just throwing it out there.

I'll start the ball rolling with one more thing I found annoying in Gottlieb's assessment: he acted like he was doing us a favor with the criticism saying he knew HCGM wanted to be held to this high standard and grouped with teams like (iirc) Iowa State. Well thanks!
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Let's not. This has lil' bro syndrome written all over it. We shouldn't expect everyone to write glowing articles all the time.

Comment

Meh. I just wanted the conversation to stop taking over other threads. I don't expect people to only write glowing articles, but I think talking about them is fine too. No offense, but the little brother meme is getting played out pretty quick.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
        Because haters gonna hate, I thought we could maybe use a designated thread where we discuss articles that express skepticism towards our ranking, success, schedule, coach etc. Might be a nice alternative to letting discussions take over the Poll Watch thread.

If people want it in poll watch that is fine with me too, just throwing it out there.

I'll start the ball rolling with one more thing I found annoying in Gottlieb's assessment: he acted like he was doing us a favor with the criticism saying he knew HCGM wanted to be held to this high standard and grouped with teams like (iirc) Iowa State. Well thanks!
        I am only gong one make one post/comment and then move on...

Gottilieb definitely has placed himself in the minority of pundits with his assessment of VanVleet. As far as doing Marshall a favor or helping him by holding him to a high standard. Nobody holds HCGM (and our team) to a higher standard then HCGM.

That is all...
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post

Gottilieb definitely has placed himself in the minority of pundits with his assessment of VanVleet. As far as doing Marshall a favor or helping him by holding him to a high standard. Nobody holds HCGM (and our team) to a higher standard then HCGM.

That is all...
          I agree. But please, please, please dont' sign of with "that is all" - you don't want to come off like the douchnozzle that originated that.

Comment

I feel your anger.....your hate has made you powerful.....use your aggressive feelings boy, let the hate flow through you.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
              I agree. But please, please, please dont' sign of with "that is all" - you don't want to come off like the douchnozzle that originated that.
              Of course I meant that in the best possible way.

Comment

There will always be critics when you are on the top of the mountan. You don't see articles written by national writers about anyone else in our league - it comes with the territory. It's part of having the target on our back. Enjoy it !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  Let's not. This has lil' bro syndrome written all over it. We shouldn't expect everyone to write glowing articles all the time.
                  All articles will not be positive but this is a fan forum for the shockers. If we disagree with something in an article there is nothing wrong (or lil broish) with discussing it amongst our fan base. Or bringing up a beef with the writer on twitter as long as it's a legitimate argument and not trolling or personally insulting. For me it's all in good fun.

Comment

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                      There will always be critics when you are on the top of the mountan. You don't see articles written by national writers about anyone else in our league - it comes with the territory. It's part of having the target on our back. Enjoy it !!!
                      There was that one really huge article that said Indiana State's best possible outcome to their season was a successful regular season, an MVC tournament win, a birth to the NCAA's, their best player since Bird graduates, and their best coach in recent memory will leave for more money because ISUb pays peanuts.

But I know what you mean. ;-)
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

There are two things I remember about Gotlieb as a player at Ok St...one is that although he was a good point guard, he was a terrible shot and seldom scored. The other thing is that we played a home game against them at a time we were not very good and actually beat them on our court. I hope this is not a false memory because I have a distinct memory of it. I have never heard him mention either of these two things.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post

That is all...
                          Fred has the following record of layups (getting to the rim) so far:

Emp State 0-0
                          WKU 3-4
                          W&M 2-4
                          TSU 1-2
                          Tulsa 0-1
                          DePaul 1-2
                          BYU 1-4
                          SLU 1-4
                          Total 9-21

Not a good percentage. How many of those misses were "unbelievable" that he could be so open and miss such an easy shot? He WILL improve the percentage. But he is getting to the rim 2.6 times per game.

By comparison, Armstead had 94 layup attempts in 39 games, 2.41 per game. However, he made 50 of those for 53.2%.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

You guys are sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                              Fred has the following record of layups (getting to the rim) so far:

Emp State 0-0
                              WKU 3-4
                              W&M 2-4
                              TSU 1-2
                              Tulsa 0-1
                              DePaul 1-2
                              BYU 1-4
                              SLU 1-4
                              Total 9-21

Not a good percentage. How many of those misses were "unbelievable" that he could be so open and miss such an easy shot? He WILL improve the percentage. But he is getting to the rim 2.6 times per game.

By comparison, Armstead had 94 layup attempts in 39 games, 2.41 per game. However, he made 50 of those for 53.2%.
                              That says FVV was 7-13 against lesser teams and 2-8 against top 50 type teams. As he is still in the 1st half of his sophomore year and the first year as a starter, those are encouraging numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X