Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawvell leaves UE

Colleen Thomas ‏@ECP_Thomas
    According to a statement released by UE men's basketball team, Ryan Sawvell "has left the program and will move in a different direction."
    Rumors make it sound like he hasn't been happy only being utilized as a screener for Colt Ryan and now being passed over in favor of the coach's son.

Sawvell was their best player after Ryan.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Haha wow
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Nothing really funny about it, but Wow would be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          Sawvell was their best player after Ryan.
          Wow. I agree with you. This can't be good for UE.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
            Wow. I agree with you. This can't be good for UE.
            Maybe, maybe not. If you have a kid who is unhappy for whatever reason, it can sometimes be a win-win for them to move on, although it will no doubt be somewhat of a challenge in replacing Sawvell's 15 MPG.

Comment

How many players have departed out of Marty's system early in recent years?

Same ol EU.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                How many players have departed out of Marty's system early in recent years?

Same ol EU.
                It's not the number that's concerning, it's the position. Too many power forwards under utilized and leaving.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Maybe, maybe not. If you have a kid who is unhappy for whatever reason, it can sometimes be a win-win for them to move on, although it will no doubt be somewhat of a challenge in replacing Sawvell's 15 MPG.
                  Sawvell is more important to their program than Anacreon was to ours, but the Anacreon situation turned out to be good all around for us and him. He's playing pro ball overseas, still taking the route he did. I'd say aside from having more success in wins/losses for college, he still came out head above water.

Anacreon was always one of those players that I wish I could have seen how he would have been at the end of his career at WSU if he would have just bought into the system more and some other behaviorial things. He just looked like he had so much raw talent and athleticism.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    Sawvell is more important to their program than Anacreon was to ours, but the Anacreon situation turned out to be good all around for us and him. He's playing pro ball overseas, still taking the route he did. I'd say aside from having more success in wins/losses for college, he still came out head above water.

Anacreon was always one of those players that I wish I could have seen how he would have been at the end of his career at WSU if he would have just bought into the system more and some other behaviorial things. He just looked like he had so much raw talent and athleticism.
                    I get all emotional and teary when I remember him fast break and then dunk so hard on a guy from USC Upstate that he broke the guy's hand.

Comment

We all know that if he wants to transfer to Illinois State, the MVC will waive the rules and allow him to play immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                        We all know that if he wants to transfer to Illinois State, the MVC will waive the rules and allow him to play immediately.
                        HA. That would be good stuff.

Comment

Muller has probably already been on the phone. After all, he'll need someone to fill in when Teddy Hawkins becomes academically ineligible.

Comment

Evansville continues to embarrass themselves. Such a joke of a program. I can never hope for them even if them winning non conference games helps the conference. Marty Simmons is a fool to not incorporate Sawvell more.

Comment

Working...
                            X