X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-State fans

Where are they?

From the Topeka Capital-Journal:

The crowd inside Bramlage Coliseum Sunday looked reminiscent of the Jim Wooldridge era, but the brand of basketball being played in Kansas State’s 87-54 win against Central Arkansas resembled a slight carryover from the Frank Martin years into the early reign of Bruce Weber.

In other words, the Wildcats displayed fluid offense with an extra emphasis on crashing the glass when shots didn’t fall.

K-State overcame a light crowd, coming up with its own energy to outrebound the Bears 52-22.

“I think we got used to (small crowds) in Puerto Rico. This would have been a massive crowd compared to that. There were only a couple hundred people,” said Weber. “We knew Sunday you got the Chiefs (game), students aren’t back or they’re coming back today, we knew it would be a tough day for a crowd.”

OUCH!!!

Did they play their game in a section of the library?

Seriously, I don't understand the layout of Bramlage. It looks so... strange.

Comment

It's tough to compete with a good Sunday drinking binge in Aggieville.

Also, all the other multiple social events that are always ongoing in such a cosmopolitan mecca like Manhattan.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Maybe they are too frightened to enter the "Octagon of Doom", or whatever the cheesy name they called it?
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Box score for the Kansas State Wildcats vs. Central Arkansas Bears NCAAM game from December 1, 2013 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

LOL. But there were 11, 651 tickets bought!

Funny how the students being on break excuse wouldnt be necessary if they were playing central arkansas in football.

Comment

It is just more proof that we are blessed at wsu. It has nothing to do with geography. Our fans' passions run deep.

Comment

Like Bruce Weber said, with the students coming back from break and with the Chiefs-Broncos game going on at the time as this game...in addition to the 'Cats being really bad and playing a no-name opponent, this isn't too surprising.

But yeah...we are blessed here at WSU.
              78-65

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen The Roundhouse that empty. Even back when we used to play the Athletes First exhibition crew during the Randy era.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  I don't think I've ever seen The Roundhouse that empty. Even back when we used to play the Athletes First exhibition crew during the Randy era.
                  There have been closed door practices at Koch with more in attendance.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Wow. Pathetic! Ksu defines the term bandwagon fans. Once OB retires as their FB coach, they'll be back to 8k-15k football attendance.
                    Also in defense of ksu, it really is hard to get excited about The Weber/Lowry show up in mancrappin. Why even go unless they are serving free popcorn or free strips of bacon and you're starving.
                    Pretty embarrassing for the hello kitties.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                      Did they play their game in a section of the library?

Seriously, I don't understand the layout of Bramlage. It looks so... strange.
                      They installed a really sweet cubicle farm up top a few years back.

Bramlage is case study on how to build an arena on the cheapest budget possible when broken down into a dollars per seat basis. The place is a 12,000 seat nuclear bomb shelter.

Comment

Lol, looking at their ticket prices, appears to be highly variable basedon the opponent. Doesn't look like anyone goes to watch the kittens

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                          Wow. Pathetic! Ksu defines the term bandwagon fans. Once OB retires as their FB coach, they'll be back to 8k-15k football attendance.
                          Also in defense of ksu, it really is hard to get excited about The Weber/Lowry show up in mancrappin. Why even go unless they are serving free popcorn or free strips of bacon and you're starving.
                          Pretty embarrassing for the hello kitties.
                          Now there is a marketing idea. I would go to just about any game played by any team if there was free bacon.

Comment

Whose happier? KSU fans because their football season isn't over or KU fans because their football season is over.

Comment

that is a lot of benches in the Cat House.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                              X