Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge win but still need some tuning.

GREAT ROAD WIN.

That will show up on the "Good Wins" section come March. Just a few thoughts-

Cleanthony Early......... The game is 40 minutes. Not 10. He played extremely lazy today to the point where Doug was mentioning it. Not that I mind, Because I personally wouldn't listen to his show if you paid me, just a point that I am not the only one noticing. I don't know if it's the NBA scouts. I don't know if it's a hangover from last year. But He isn't the leader that we need him to be. If I am Ron Baker I feel like I have to put up 20 a game to give my team a chance to win.

Ron Baker- Should be a Naismith Finalist at this pace

Tekele- CLUTCH

Turnovers:hopelessness::hopelessness:

It's early, and it feels damn good to be 8-0.

Shockers Up
    **FEAR THE WHEAT**

This team has not played a full 40 yet. I feel sorry for the first team to get hit by that freight train.

Comment

One of the thing that drives me crazy about early is his little fade away shot - he is big and athletic enough he shouldn't be afraid of some contact - at least draw the foul instead of leaving it short.

Comment

I'm going to call BS on Cle playing lazy and anyone who says he did is only looking at point production and not the "little things" he is doing that he did not do most do last year.

Comment

If I were taking anything away from today's game, I'd say the young men need some extra passing drills.

HUGE number of turnovers on the perimeter that led to uncontested lay ups.

Comment

hey, wushockbpeli.
            you're right. early's play was extremely lazy today. must be why marshall cut his minutes to 34.

adding you to the chicken little sky is falling hall of fame.
            Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Everyone here knows that wushockpelli thinks Baker is the only player on our team. He'd like to clone him 4X and start an all-Baker lineup.

I will say we could have won in a blowout if we had taken better care of the ball on the perimeter, but we got a great win today, so I'll leave the second guessing to the coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
                hey, wushockbpeli.
                you're right. early's play was extremely lazy today. must be why marshall cut his minutes to 34.

adding you to the chicken little sky is falling hall of fame.
                Of course he's going to get 34, who else is GM going to replace him with? Early IS struggling, but the season is still young, I know he'll get it squared away. Just think how great the Shox will be once Early and Colbey start becoming consistent each game? Whoa!

Comment

Wessel coulda had more minutes. Coleby, Wiggins, and Carter were not good.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                    If I were taking anything away from today's game, I'd say the young men need some extra passing drills.

HUGE number of turnovers on the perimeter that led to uncontested lay ups.

SLU had a bit to do with the turnovers

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                      SLU had a bit to do with the turnovers
                      This, and the way the game was called.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

I agree, but FVV was having a very rough day today. Very unlike him. We will play better teams in the tourney, but the young men need to take a lesson from this. They won't make the FF this year if they don't.

Comment

I agree, but FVV was having a very rough day today. Very unlike him. We will play better teams in the tourney, but the young men need to take a lesson from this. They won't make the FF this year if they don't.
                          Yes he did struggle. But still had 6 Assists to 4 turnovers. The one where they bumped him pretty hard and then stole it before he could really recoverreally sucked.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

There are many reasons we might make a final four, but FVVs turnovers will mot be one of them....
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

My only issue with Cle is his willingness to bail the opponent out with poor 3-point shot selection. He is way to talented to jack up stupid 3's. He is serviceable when he catches and shoots in rhythm, but when he catches and pauses, or dribbles around he is terrible. He has such great gifts to get to the rim, post up and create with his back to the basket. The 3-pointer should come in the rhythm of the offense. All America players play to their strength. He is not doing that right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X