No announcement yet.

Tom Crean: I'm not bitching about the officiating; I'm bitching about the rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Crean: I'm not bitching about the officiating; I'm bitching about the rules

“Everybody is going to think points are up. They’re up because free shots are free shots!” Izzo said. “What I’m worried about is are we going to teach [players to] just dribble in and get fouled? Is that good basketball? We had a two hour and 32 minute game tonight. Is that going to be good for basketball?”
    Last edited by jocoshock; November 24, 2013, 04:21 PM.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Yep, too many fouls, too many free throws, games are too long. Tell the players to stop fouling.

Comment

Don't know why your links are not clickable.

Comment

Tom Izzo: I'm not bitching about the officiating; I'm bitching about the rules

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/24/tom-izzo-im-not-bitching-about-officiating-im-bitching-about-the-rules/

“Everybody is going to think points are up. They’re up because free shots are free shots!” Izzo said. “What I’m worried about is are we going to teach [players to] just dribble in and get fouled? Is that good basketball? We had a two hour and 32 minute game tonight. Is that going to be good for basketball?”
        Fixed

Comment

With Izzo's team on top of the heap and his good rep, who better to voice this.

Comment

Well, not totally fixed, it was actually Tom Izzo who was quoted, not Tom Crean, just sayin'......

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              Well, not totally fixed, it was actually Tom Izzo who was quoted, not Tom Crean, just sayin'......
              As good as I could fix it, just sayin'.....:tongue-new:

Comment

There are a whole lot of idiots in this world who are desperate to make a name for themselves by trying to fix something that is not broken.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...out-the-rules/

Don't know why your links are not clickable.
                  Don't know either. Thanks for pointing that. Posted from my Android. Will have look into that.
                  Last edited by jocoshock; November 24, 2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

joco, if it makes you feel any better, I have the same problem, too. I hate the auto-complete feature, sometimes you end up with words in your communication you never meant to have there. Plus with an i-phone it's really hard to proof-read.

Pretty telling that a very successful (you could probably add politically connected) high-major coach called out the NCAA for rules changes that were supposed to benefit what some percieved as the 'big boys'.
                    Last edited by shocka khan; November 24, 2013, 01:39 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/24/tom-izzo-im-not-bitching-about-officiating-im-bitching-about-the-rules/

I was able to catch the interview and he stated everything perfectly. I'm glad he voiced it on national tv. Hopefully, others follow suit. This is not good basketball. It's not even basketball. It's garbage and it's totally ruining the game. There's two parts of basketball: Offense AND defense. Eliminating one of them, which essentially is what the NCAA is doing, doesn't even make it a game anymore.

Just keep your noses out of everything NCAA. Stop destroying everything. Don't fix something that's not broke. Morons.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well if Izzo doesn't like it and voiced his displeasure it will hold more weight than from coaches of programs at a "different" level. Good for him.

Comment

@RobDauster: FWIW that last foul that sent Rodney Hood to the line is what Tom Izzo was reanting about here: http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...out-the-rules/

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            I was able to catch the interview and he stated everything perfectly. I'm glad he voiced it on national tv. Hopefully, others follow suit. This is not good basketball. It's not even basketball. It's garbage and it's totally ruining the game. There's two parts of basketball: Offense AND defense. Eliminating one of them, which essentially is what the NCAA is doing, doesn't even make it a game anymore.

Just keep your noses out of everything NCAA. Stop destroying everything. Don't fix something that's not broke. Morons.
                            You know I never gave it much thought but an organization that has control over referees, institutions, conferences, and players has waaaay too much control. Basketball needs a FIFA and USSF equivalent where the referees and rules aren't under the NCAA's jurisdiction -- only conference regulation/scholarship/recruiting type stuff is.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              Well if Izzo doesn't like it and voiced his displeasure it will hold more weight than from coaches of programs at a "different" level.
                              At first, as I was reading this comment, I thought that had to come Turgeon.

Comment

Working...
                              X