No announcement yet.

Turgeon gives props to the Shocker crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true, but talent doesn't always mean wins. look at East High this year, all the talent in the world, but they've already lost like 5 games in league play. It has to be a combination of talent and coaching

Comment

Most of you lack any sense of reality and very little real basketball knowledge. Your ungreatful for the things that he did for WSU and our delusional about why WSU is struggling this year. Im out now ... might check back in another 20 or 25 years when WSU might make it back to another sweet 16. Give them hell "COLD"
      Pass the Doughnuts!

Comment

It's funny...

The bottom falling out last year wasn't Turgeon's fault, but the lack of aggressiveness and cohesiveness of the team, yet the bottom falling out this year is Marshall's fault for not getting the team to play as a team and not the injuries, short bench, transfers, dismissals, not to mention a new coach and new system.

I was rooting for A&M to be successful, but having watched them play in person will tell you that they looked horribly familiar against Kansas State. They didn't have it, and gave up. A TOP 10 TEAM!!

It's frustrating for players to play in a system that isn't designed for your strengths. We don't have ANY players that can consistantly hit a 12-15 ft jumper. It's became tough to win when the other team knows you are not very good from 5 ft out, and then with them collapsing hard inside, becomes a crap shoot to get the ball up for lay ups.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles...

Thanks Fatguy for reminding me I needed to mimick someone else's sign off to be cool!!

I'm in! (Win or lose, rooting for the SHOX tomorrow night!)

Comment

ya he is 19-4 and ranked in the top 20! Ya tell me again why marshall is making as much money or more than turgeon did at wsu?

When Turg left for A&M, the A&M recruiting class was set, with no major defections or transfers. Marshall takes the WSU job late in the recruiting period, long after most players have committed. WSU had several back out of their scholarships, and one recruit passed away. Oh, and not to mention the one turg "stole". And throw all that on top of the fact we just lost 3 seniors, Ryan Martin, Kyle Wilson, and Karon Bradley. And throw in the fact we lost our true big man the year before that and was never replaced. I'm not sure how we expected Marshal to come in here on short notice and find recruits to fill the shoes of Bradley, Martin, Wilson AND Miller. If WSU wasn't good last year, there is no way they were going to get any better this year with everything that transpired.
          Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
          Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

all I have to say is I don't think anybody expected WSU to be good this year. However I must admit I did not expect them to be this bad, I figured .500 would be a goal the team could meet. Yes I will agree, Turgeon had things all set up for him down at A&M. It was a smart decision on his part to leave when he did, knowing WSU was in shambles. Honestly, even if Turgeon would have stayed, I wouldn't expect WSU to be any better than a .500 team this year, because I still think some of our "recruits" would have backed out.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
              all I have to say is I don't think anybody expected WSU to be good this year. However I must admit I did not expect them to be this bad, I figured .500 would be a goal the team could meet. Yes I will agree, Turgeon had things all set up for him down at A&M. It was a smart decision on his part to leave when he did, knowing WSU was in shambles. Honestly, even if Turgeon would have stayed, I wouldn't expect WSU to be any better than a .500 team this year, because I still think some of our "recruits" would have backed out.
              I seem to recall a lot of individuals predicting 20+ wins; some in the 17-19 wins category; and just a few predicting breaking even. And wasn't KC blasted for daring to predict a losing season?

Mostly agree with your comment that had MT stayed we still would not have been much better than average.

Other than perhaps, Baker, and we don't know that for a fact that he would not have come had MT stayed, do you have any factual basis for your comment that other recruits would have backed out as well?

Comment

The only one we know wouldn't have been here was Bowles.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The point of me posting the article was that MT was acknowledging WSU's home atmosphere as good as anything in the Big 12.

It doesn't surprise the turn it took but I am surprised that no one ocmmented on the origianl topic.

Comment

Working...
                  X