DePaul Pre-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DePaul Pre-Game Thread

I am looking forward to the trip to KC. Don't forget the 7pm Pep Rally in the Marriott.

Go Shocks!!!!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Anyone coming into KC Monday around rush hour would be wise to take I-70 and not I-35. The latter is down to two skinny lanes near downtown due to construction and is a mess when theres any traffic.

Google Maps would tell you that the shortest route from Wichita to downtown KC is through Topeka, anway. But I know folks like to save a buck on tolls.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Going through Topeka may be shorter but when you drive east out of there towards kc there is an ungodly horrible odor that emanates along the highway. Its worse than driving past Garden City or Dodge City.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        Going through Topeka may be shorter but when you drive east out of there towards kc there is an ungodly horrible odor that emanates along the highway. Its worse than driving past Garden City or Dodge City.
        I've smelled it before, the Douglas County feedlot...
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It's worse than a fresh cow patty in the hot Texas sun

Comment

I'll concur on that I-35 northbound issue in downtown KC. Was up there for the Wynton Marsalis concert at the Kauffman Center, and my diversion had me nearly in KCK before I got turned back around, sending me into a level of pissed off I rarely get into. Fortunately we left with enough time to be in our seats in time, despite the road construction CF. Helzberg Hall at the Kauffman Center is a beautiful new symphony hall for KC.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

None of the Blue Demon boards are all that busy. The scout board appears the most active and the thoughts range from wanting to be close late to expecting to win because they, and I quote from most of their posters, "have more talent".

Someone is going to have to define "more talent" for me because 3 of the best 5 players on the court will be Baker, FVV, and Cle and that's being GENEROUS to Young and Melvin. And there's a reason we were 30-9 last season while they were 11-21 (and lost to us by 13) and it's not because they're more talented than WSU. We need to be focused and prepared and we'll be fine. I think last night was really good for our team.

Comment

If you are referring to the smell near the South Topeka exit, it is the Frito-Lay potato chip factory. Sometimes it smells very good - like fresh potato chips. Sometimes it smells like potato chips that have been stuffed up the rear-end of a hobo.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  If you are referring to the smell near the South Topeka exit, it is the Frito-Lay potato chip factory. Sometimes it smells very good - like fresh potato chips. Sometimes it smells like potato chips that have been stuffed up the rear-end of a hobo.
                  I think he is referring to the exit 20 or so miles east of there

Comment

DePaul has some excellent athletes but, just like last year, they play a very undisciplined brand of basketball. I expect us to blow them out if our guards apply pressure on their backcourt successfully; a single digit win is also possible if we sag back, let them dribble drive, and foul as they toss up slop while barreling into us. I expect a W either way.

Official prediction:

Sasha Radunovich 86,
                    Rod Strickland 70

Comment

Shox - 64
                      Demons - 78
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

hey, dr. you said that last night's win at tulsa was really good for the team. care to elaborate?
                        Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

GM - 2
                          OP - 0
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                            You know you really need to keep up here.:)

Comment

Here's the deal. The Shocks are goin to Kansas City with Blue Demons, Longhorns, and Cougars awaiting us as the bounty hunters were hunting for Billy The Kid. GRRRR!!! For starters, we rebounded at a 43-29 surpass last night even though we were missing Carter along with Cle and Coleby in foul trouble. We fouled too much but Tulsa helped us with a lackluster 13-30 showing. We shot 79.2% on throws and that I dig on. We had 8 steals and 10 turnovers. So can we win 2 and bring home the turkey and the fixins? Dunno because our first 20 minutes lately makes the sliver in my liver quiver. Last game, Baker and FVV both made 21 smackers. Cle and Wiggins will lead us in this battle and give the demons a blue, blue pre-thanksgiving. These are solid teams in KC and will be a good test for us to improve as a team. We will not take the laissez-faire approach in either game but rather "hair on fire defense that sparks our offense as though were were at the corner of 12th Street and Vine."

Blue---------------68

Black and Yellow---77
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X