Offical Tulsa game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    Easy, he has great talent, great upside, great coaches to show him how, the best teammates in the nation and a fan base that is outta this world.
    Eric Hamilton agrees with you! :) been a good night!
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      Looks like he had a chance to fluff his hair... Coach earned his paycheck tonight...
      No time to rest. Get those assistants on the phone with the 5 star recruits!!!!!!
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by RipEmUpShox View Post
        Gotta say I dont see any top 15 teams playing bad halfs against the level of teams we are playing.... Good second half, exp on the d end. But we should own these teams.
        And North Carolina State loses tonight to North Carolina Central tonight... Were down 6 at halftime...
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I thought we looked a veteran team tonight. First time on the road but these youngsters played controlled, mature, winning basketball. The effort the first half was acceptable, just couldn't make shots.
          Fred and Ron. Nuff said.
          Nick's shot was off but I'm still proud of the effort. That's all we ask.
          Kadeem's 8 last Saturday and CJ's 10 tonight have to be the quietest 18 rebounds I have ever seen.
          Welcome Evan, we've missed you.
          And we can play better.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post

How did FVV go from being a very promising freshman to a senior seasoned guard in just 7 months and still be only a Sopn? He was terrific and so was Baker.
            He learned from Tekele Cotton.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
              First game I've viewed this year and the second half was tremendous..

How did FVV go from being a very promising freshman to a senior seasoned guard in just 7 months and still be only a Sopn? He was terrific and so was Baker.

As of now, it does not appear that anyone even comes close to what Carl Hall gave us last year. And he will be missed especially in the post season.

But if our bigs can perform adequately, we will do fine and will make the NCAA tournament.
              FVV was 16 when he was born.

Chadrack did put up Carl Hall numbers for the first time = 7 points and 10 rebounds. If he, Darius and Kadeem can put up at least two sets of numbers like that each game between the three of them, we will be in pretty good shape.

Comment

• Evan can defend the post. He gave up 2-3 inches to the 6'7 PF of Tulsa, and he stepped up. Great job.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Evan can defend the post. He gave up 2-3 inches to the 6'7 PF of Tulsa, and he stepped up. Great job.
                  Graham Hatch/Beast Mode...

Comment

• Charleston Southern @ Baylor?

Comment

• IS there a Ron Baker dunk gif?
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        I thought we looked a veteran team tonight. First time on the road but these youngsters played controlled, mature, winning basketball. The effort the first half was acceptable, just couldn't make shots.
                        Fred and Ron. Nuff said.
                        Nick's shot was off but I'm still proud of the effort. That's all we ask.
                        Kadeem's 8 last Saturday and CJ's 10 tonight have to be the quietest 18 rebounds I have ever seen.
                        Welcome Evan, we've missed you.
                        And we can play better.
                        First time to see extended minutes of zone defense on a hositle court and the team's composure was excellent. If we just keep same composure and continue to build on each performance we will be a force by the end of the season. A lot of games to play and a lot of time until then, but we know our coaches and players will be very focused throughout the year.

Comment

• Feel much better at the end of the game than I did at half-time. Baker and Van Vleet are going to win a lot of games this year for us, and it is good to have a guy get 10 boards. That said, if we can do that in 10 minutes we can win these games by 30 instead of letting teams hang around. Going into the meat of our OCC now, so hopefully it starts to click for everyone.

Comment

• With a slow day in sports, does Cotton's putback slam crack the SC Top Ten?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Wrong network.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                First time to see extended minutes of zone defense on a hositle court and the team's composure was excellent. If we just keep same composure and continue to build on each performance we will be a force by the end of the season. A lot of games to play and a lot of time until then, but we know our coaches and players will be very focused throughout the year.
                                With FVV, composure will not be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X