No announcement yet.

so...was THIS the low point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, that's the impression I got, but wanted to make sure maybe I didn't miss understand it...I'm enjoying a nice bottle of whiskey right now!!

I envisioned PJ being that vocal go to guy this year and building a resume suitable for someone trying to get a break in the NBA. Matt tried a couple times, but the fact is they don't have that mean streak in them. I expect you will see it in the new recruits, and hopefully Ramon and Hawkins can get the new guys on board as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
      Just listened to Sports Daily - they were really worked up on WSU (Dennis/Haertl).

Some very interesting opinions from Craig Steven relayed via Haertl.

Very entertaining first segment. Man, was Bruce fired up!

"There needs to someone that kicks someones ass". End quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
        Originally posted by DUShock
        What the team needs is a series of in person pep talks starting with Duke (or -uke if you can remember that far back) Tsomba and concluding with X.

Go Shocks!!!!
        B.F. (before Fahnestock), I sat on row one in the southwest corner. So, I was able to watch _uke up close and personal. He was one heck of an athlete and very likeable.

Alas, he could not or would not guard a statue.
        That BF comment reminded me to tell you guys that 943-HEAT's Lexus darn near killed me on rock rd today. Dude just turned left in front of me and had I swerved to avoid him, I would have gone right into some toyota. I had to slam on my breaks and my Pilot did one hell of a hard stop. My daughter's bags went flying and I made sweet spanish love to my steering wheel.

I'm just saying that if you are going to be an idiot driver, don't put your phone number on your vanity plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
          Kick someone's @$$ specifically, put a boot to thier @$$, or kick them off the team?
          He was saying in his opinion this team was missing a leader on the team that was willing to stick a boot up theirs... when chose not to give 100%.

It's in the first segment on the podcast.
          Two years w/o that kind of leadership. I thought for sure Matt would bring that to the table but he didn't for whatever reason. Maybe he is too buddy buddy? Hell if I know.

I hope he has it in him if he really wants to coach.

Comment

Re: so...was THIS the low point?

Originally posted by molly jabali
            ...following a great effort at a good creighton, lead by 10 at half, completely fold in the second.

wow...amazing.at a loss for explanations.
            In answer to your title question, yes. It can't get any worse than this. We could not possibly be anymore embarrassed than we are right now. Let that be of comfort to you...
            KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
            Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
              I thought for sure Matt would bring that to the table but he didn't for whatever reason. Maybe he is too buddy buddy? Hell if I know.

Matt has been known to throw chairs.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Just remember, in 8 months, it will be spring time.

Everything will be fresh and new and we will look forward with great optimism.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                  Just remember, in 8 months, it will be spring time.

Everything will be fresh and new and we will look forward with great optimism.
                  RDR, you sure are the optimist - 8 months to spring? What happened, did the ground hog get eaten by it's shadow? I want spring here on February 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                    Kick someone's @$$ specifically, put a boot to thier @$$, or kick them off the team?
                    He was saying in his opinion this team was missing a leader on the team that was willing to stick a boot up theirs... when chose not to give 100%.

It's in the first segment on the podcast.
                    Two years w/o that kind of leadership. I thought for sure Matt would bring that to the table but he didn't for whatever reason. Maybe he is too buddy buddy? Hell if I know.

Look I dont care how fiesty and scrappy little matty is... he cant take durley in a match of fisticuffs. Now if Cooz wanted to man up that would be a different story. Matt does all that in his power to motivate this team but trying to match up with durley on the schoolyard isnt a good idea. He throws chairs he gets after guys he does everything he can... I really believe that. Matt shouldnt take any flak for this if you ask me.

Comment

With our luck, a "boot" would cause a season ending injury. :cry:
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Guys need to man up and take responsibility for their own actions and effort or lack there of. yeah somebody needs to get after them to make sure they do but ultimately everyone has to carry their own weight. Matt cant play d for durley, matt cant run fast for hatch, matt cant be aggressive for cooz...

Comment

Working...
                        X