Just some thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some thoughts

OK folks 4 games in and the last three we have let some teams hang around for 20 mins... then in the 2nd half we come out guns a blazin.. are we tired from 4 games in 7 days? Can't figure out the offense first half? Wearing the other team down to attack in the 2nd half? Or figuring out adjustments?? Scoring 57 points in the 2nd half is ridiculous... what's going on??

It called basketball. The other team does try you know.

Comment

Is that you Dofo?

@InTheMiddleOfThePrarie: (west of the turnpike)
      WuShock Recruit
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Honestly I think these teams come out pumped (Final 4 last year, ranked...etc). SHOX get punched in the mouth and they don't respond as well as we would all hope. It may cost us a game soon. But I really don't think it will be a season long epidemic. These guys do nothing but win long term. Coach will figure it out and so will the players. This is new territory being the team that EVERY opponent comes in wanting SOOOOOO bad to win an knock off the ranked and hyped opponent. They will adjust to that sooner than later
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Tulsa is a step in the right direction as far as competition. Then we have to leave CKA and play on a neutral site in KC. I'm interested in seeing what the Shockers have on the road and against top 100 competition.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Tulsa is a step in the right direction as far as competition. Then we have to leave CKA and play on a neutral site in KC. I'm interested in seeing what the Shockers have on the road and against top 100 competition.
            Yeah I am waiting for this next swing of several games. I think that will tell us more about this team than these past few games IMHO
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

No worrying here until there is a tangible need to worry. The beakers looked like ten pounds of crap in a five pound bag against their lesser opponents too but improved competition from Duke raised their game. I expect no less from the good guys.

Comment

Some of our players h a 've it figured out. Baker, Cotton, and FVV began the last game defending and rebounding with reckless abandon. If they couldn't reach the rebound they were tipping it out, hoping another Shocker would gobble it up. They were also defending that way giving all they had. I think that Early, CJ and Coleby thought were giving everything but they weren't. Meanwhile, TSU was giving max effort and hitting shots. Rebounding at half was even. Our bigs have to give max energy to rebound like we need to. We have a target on our backs which limits our latitude for error.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Some of our players h a 've it figured out. Baker, Cotton, and FVV began the last game defending and rebounding with reckless abandon. If they couldn't reach the rebound they were tipping it out, hoping another Shocker would gobble it up. They were also defending that way giving all they had. I think that Early, CJ and Coleby thought were giving everything but they weren't. Meanwhile, TSU was giving max effort and hitting shots. Rebounding at half was even. Our bigs have to give max energy to rebound like we need to. We have a target on our backs which limits our latitude for error.
                  We have three fantastic guards/wings starting for us. They are stat stuffing, defensive monsters that also happen to play with a high BBIQ. We have athletic studs in the paint. They don't know how to play basketball at this level just yet.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

It is important to rebound all missed shots, including missed FT. However, rebound opponents' missed FT should be gimmee rebounds and can greatly distort the effectiveness of an individual's rebounding efforts. Through four games, here's how our bigs stack up:
                    ..........Def Reb ...Missed FT
                    Early........ 19.......... 7
                    Coleby...... 11.......... 2
                    Carter....... 12.......... 3
                    Lufile......... 9.......... 4

That doesn't look real good to me; only 35 non-missed-FT rebounds over four games by the bigs. That's just 2.18 per big per game.

The good news on rebounding missed FT by opponents, we've only given up three offensive rebounds to opponents.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      It is important to rebound all missed shots, including missed FT. However, rebound opponents' missed FT should be gimmee rebounds and can greatly distort the effectiveness of an individual's rebounding efforts. Through four games, here's how our bigs stack up:
                      ..........Def Reb ...Missed FT
                      Early........ 19.......... 7
                      Coleby...... 11.......... 2
                      Carter....... 12.......... 3
                      Lufile......... 9.......... 4

That doesn't look real good to me; only 35 non-missed-FT rebounds over four games by the bigs. That's just 2.18 per big per game.

The good news on rebounding missed FT by opponents, we've only given up three offensive rebounds to opponents.
                      This is certainly interesting, but difficult to gauge what it means, if anything, without comparative stats from other players/teams...
                      "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                      -- Pele

Comment

Working...
                      X