Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Tennessee lost 78-70. That hurts.
    And looked quite bad and disinterested in doing so.

Comment

Updated this morning. Shockers move up to 22.

Illinois St and Southern Illinois really doing their thing to help out this season thus far.
      ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
      www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
        Updated this morning. Shockers move up to 22.

Illinois St and Southern Illinois really doing their thing to help out this season thus far.
        Maybe one day we can be like Drake?

Either that or you left off a digit?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We knew S. Illinois was bad. We knew Illinois State would struggle. We figured Loyola wasn't much. Bradley is just above Thursday level at the moment. Illinois sucks!
          Livin the dream

Comment

Tennessee lost 78-70. That hurts.
            Neither Tennessee or Alabama are very impressive this year. BYU is MUCH better than either of those teams. Haven't seen SLU assuming that are much better as well. If we get past SLU, our chances of running the table in the non-con will increase dramatically... but the RPI? who knows..

I expect the RPIs of our non con opponents (BYU, SLU, TENN, Alabama) to improve as they enter their conferences, so hopefully that will negate some of the downward pressure on ours as we go through the Valley...
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Tennessee's rematch with Xavier today is pretty big for them. The Vols have shown this year that they are long, athletic, dumb and can't shoot worth a ****.

A win against the Musketeers could salvage their trip to the Bahamas (assuming they follow through by beating up on the Wake Forest-USC winner).

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                We knew S. Illinois was bad. We knew Illinois State would struggle. We figured Loyola wasn't much. Bradley is just above Thursday level at the moment. Illinois sucks!
                Pre-season, I thought Loyola would be a little better.....ugh. If you think Ill St's Jank scheduled soft, take a look at Loyola's. Expected OOC SOS is 351! They have three 300+ RPI opponents (one they've already lost to), five 200+, three 150+ including their toughest opponent, A-10 perennial cellar-dweller Fordham.

Given who Bradley has played so far, it's still hard to tell how they'll be. They beat the teams they were to suppose to and lost to 2 teams I wouldn't have expected them to beat, particularly on the road, Illinois and AZ St.

SIU has played a fairly tough schedule and more will be known in their second half of the OOC. Ill St is most likely going to be hard to predict from game to game all season long.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                  Warren Nolan.com has WSU at #20, and the MVC at #7.

Real Time RPI.com has WSU at #21, and the MVC at #7.

Team Rankings.com has WSU at #17, and the MVC at #2.

We probably won't get much help the rest of the way. A win at SLU (60's) should help a little. But TENN and ALA are ranked in the low hundreds and everybody has the SEC ranked behind the MVC by two or three spots. BYU may continue to help us as the WCC is still ranked ahead of the MVC and currently has four teams in the top 35.

The MVC currently has four teams in the top 65, three teams right around 100, and the three Illinois schools are killing the MVC with RPI's firmly in the 200's.
                  Where things are now and where they'll be are quite different. By the time OOC is over, the Valley will be lucky to be in the top 10 without several upsets. The SEC will not stay behind the MVC. Alabama and Tennessee are definitely top 100 teams, probably top 75 or better. St. Louis will be a top 50 team, maybe even ahead of BYU.
                  Obviously things will be different. That's why I used the word currently several times in my post. The numbers fluctuate (sometimes drastically) on a daily basis in the OOC.

The MVC has one saving grace. It currently ranks #6 in SOS. But MVC teams must win games for SOS to mean anything.

I wouldn't be so high on the SEC. They have alot of ground to make-up. They currently rank #25 in SOS, and their RPI numbers are not good. Once they get in conference, their bottom feeders, which are about 100 points worse than our bottom feeders, will really drag the rest of their conference down.

Regarding your position on SLU and BYU, maybe. Irrespective of this, they should both be good wins on Selection Sunday.

Additionally, teamrankins.com has moved WSU to #1 in their PRI, which is different than their RPI.

They really seem to cater to gamblers (which I'm not), so they spit out alot of numbers that you may not see on other sites.
                  Last edited by ripemupshocks; November 29, 2013, 12:12 PM.
                  "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    Neither Tennessee or Alabama are very impressive this year. BYU is MUCH better than either of those teams. Haven't seen SLU assuming that are much better as well. If we get past SLU, our chances of running the table in the non-con will increase dramatically... but the RPI? who knows..

I expect the RPIs of our non con opponents (BYU, SLU, TENN, Alabama) to improve as they enter their conferences, so hopefully that will negate some of the downward pressure on ours as we go through the Valley...
                    And so, of course, Tennessee puts a butt whoopin on Xavier. Leads X by 17 with 6:45 to go.... apparently doing the job on the offensive glass... note to the bigs..

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 26m
                    Tennessee is flat-out beasting Xavier on the offensive glass. 20-2 in 2nd chance pts. Vols lead by 19 under 16 time out.

edit: Final Score 64-49 Tennessee

Jarnell Stokes scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, Jordan McRae added 16 points. Jerome Maymon added 14.
                    Last edited by jocoshock; November 29, 2013, 02:14 PM.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Maybe one day we can be like Drake?

Either that or you left off a digit?
                      Not a typo. Unless they are referring to Drake the rapper and his spot on the Billboard charts.
                      ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                      www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
                        Not a typo. Unless they are referring to Drake the rapper and his spot on the Billboard charts.
                        Crazy. I know it's early in the season but still.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This morning, Warren Nolan has WSU at #21 in the RPI and #2 in his NOLAN POWER INDEX!

He has the Valley at #5 in his conference RPI.

Comment

The Shockers remain at #21 in the Warren Nolan rpi but the Shocks have moved up to #1 in the NOLAN POWER INDEX (NPI)! WERE NUMBER 1! WERE NUMBER 1!http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2014/npi

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              The Shockers remain at #21 in the Warren Nolan rpi but the Shocks have moved up to #1 in the NOLAN POWER INDEX (NPI)! WERE NUMBER 1! WERE NUMBER 1!http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2014/npi
                              What does that mean? How are we #1? Honest questions.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                What does that mean? How are we #1? Honest questions.
                                That means when listed, there is nobody above us on the list and everybody else is below us on the list. Now, the meaning of the list is a different question altogether.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X