WSU versus Tennessee State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU versus Tennessee State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Losing at 21st. and Hillside for our beloved Shocks would have similar Social Redeeming Value as to sending your own self a dozen roses. There are some thorns in our saddle that Coach Marshall will attend to in the practices to follow. The Tigers won 18 games last Season. Thus, we shant promise them a rose-garden and come out soft or asleep at the wheel whatsoever. Look for our trio of Early, FVV, and Baker to guide us, ramp us up, and lead us forward to improving as a team and winning this game in more consistent Marshall Plan type fashion.

Tigers that need taming----------55

Shockers that will play angrier---73
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

John Cooper's alma mater 87,
    John Cooper's stepping stone 58

Comment

I think the boys will "gain focus" after tomorrow's practice......

WSU - 86
      Tenn St - 54
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

W
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Shockers 88

T-State 62
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Shockers - 83
            Tigers - 66

This time, Freddy Basketball DOES get a double double. He was just 2 assists short last time...

Comment

Get some rest young men.

Shox 81
              Volunteer State - State 58

Comment

Tennessee St. is averaging 54 a game through three games and they aren't playing the Princeton offense, no way they pass 50 on us after our guys got chewed out for letting W&M score 39 in the 1st half.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

I wqas going to make a prediction of "PAIN" in the W & M thread. as it turns out, the only pain is going to occur in today's practice.

I think it's pointless to predict a winner or final score. the projected winner is a no-brainer, and the score could be about anything.

How about this for a prediction? At least one of KC, CL, or DC gets into foul trouble from now being too aggressive going for boards.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Cle's been very close to getting a double-double in the last two games. This game he finally gets one.

Also, this opponent doesn't run a gimmicky offense, so we take this one in dramatic style. Shocks by 30.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Apparently, 40% of their scoring comes from their PG. And from what I heard this morning, he is not very efficient from FG percentage standpoint.

Cut off the head of the snake and it will be a done deal.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Tenn St is not a 3pt shooting team having only 7 makes on the year. They get 20ppg from their PG and 9ppg, 8reb from their big guy (Rhett 6-9/235). Both avg 35min+. If our bigs can somewhat defend Rhett, Cotton can take care of the rest. Shox should win this one handily.

I will take the vegas spread +1pt.
                        -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

This type of match-up could result in us playing so angry that we roar until they become paper-tigers. I am happy to not be on the floor during rebounding practice today. PAIN!!!

I still think our bigs will be a better overall Offensive bunch than even last Season in time this very Season. However, this will be a work in progress. We are not use to not owning the boards in most of our games. This early performance has to improve because things get lonely with unwanted results on the road if you don't clean the glass as we usually do. Last night it was Early and Cotton rebounding in leaps and bounds for us with 17 of our team total of 38. Carter added 4 and Wiggy added 3. The Tribe had 30 and it was growing except for the foul problems of Rusthoven. Yes, they were sinking easy shots inside and out the 1st half which limits rebound opportunities. Yes, the Marshall Plan will be activated on our Shocks at practice today on this matter like a cheap suit. No, Rome was not build in a day and it is early and we are still winning through our growing pains. Come Sat., we will see some sparky clean glass when the game ends or else.

Sometimes match-ups play a big part of the flow of games. We dodged a bullet last night, even after trailing by 10 early, but Early and Company were not to be denied. Winning by 17 still did not satisfy 3G much last night and look for much better resuts come Saturday.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Shocks - 81

Tenn St. - 47

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X