Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Malcolm and Carl

Decent write up. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...94--ncaab.html

I can't get over how well getting FVV worked out. First, that he was loyal to WSU when his stock raised so substantially. Second, I can't name a point guard in the country this year that I'd rather have leading the shox right now. And third, for him: this is his team to lead for three years. Baker and Early are both obviously phenomenal talents and Baker has quite the story, but to me these next three years are the FVV Era.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      I can't get over how well getting FVV worked out. First, that he was loyal to WSU when his stock raised so substantially. Second, I can't name a point guard in the country this year that I'd rather have leading the shox right now. And third, for him: this is his team to lead for three years. Baker and Early are both obviously phenomenal talents and Baker has quite the story, but to me these next three years are the FVV Era.
      And he was rewarded with a Final Four for his loyalty. Outstanding.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        And he was rewarded with a Final Four for his loyalty. Outstanding.
        I don't recall who else came into the picture for Fred late, but I'm guessing Illinois, DePaul, Iowa St and the like. Doubtful any of them will make a final 4 in the next three.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Remember when Mark Adams on TV last year said he thought we would miss Joe Ragland. After seeing Armstead he said Joe, they miss you,, but not that much. He could say the same about Fred for Mal.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Only thing stopping Fred from winning Valley player of the year this year is probably Cle. I could see it going to Ron or Fred the two years after easily.
            He had several strips underneath the basketball last night where there was no doubt he got all ball. He is so deceptively quick and has such a high basketball IQ. I can't tell you the last WSU point guard I would rather have than FVV.

Comment

Matty B wasn't chopped liver but I think FVV could be the filet mignon of college point guards.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                I don't recall who else came into the picture for Fred late, but I'm guessing Illinois, DePaul, Iowa St and the like. Doubtful any of them will make a final 4 in the next three.
                I heard rumors that Bill Self was none too happy that his staff was tardy to the party on FVV....
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  I heard rumors that Bill Self was none too happy that his staff was tardy to the party on FVV....
                  Poachers.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It just seemed to click for Fred in that last game. He was so much quicker than last year, so much more confident in making his moves breaking down the D. It seemed he could get a shot for him or someone else anytime he wanted.

Comment

They were not rumors. Coach Self takes pride in getting the best of Chicago.

Comment

We've been spoiled by our run of point guards: matt, clevin, joe, mal and now fred. It gets progressively better each time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          We've been spoiled by our run of point guards: matt, clevin, joe, mal and now fred. It gets progressively better each time.
                          I don't know if FVV will be best PG in Shocker history, but my gut tells me he may very well be by the time graduates. I am sure that string of PGs that we have had so far in the Marshall era HAS to be the best back to back to back collection in Shocker history.
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I don't know if FVV will be best PG in Shocker history, but my gut tells me he may very well be by the time graduates. I am sure that string of PGs that we have had so far in the Marshall era HAS to be the best back to back to back collection in Shocker history.
                            He is on course to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              They were not rumors. Coach Self takes pride in getting the best of Chicago.
                              So far, the score on Final Four trips since Fred's arrival is Fred 1, Self (and Perry Ellis, who obviously isn't a PG, but still...) 0. I like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X