Pre-Season Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Season Bracketology

Jerry Palm at CBS Sports released his pre-season bracketology today and has WSU as a 5-seed playing Purdue in Spokane with Gonzaga as the 4-seed. He also has Indiana State as an at-large in the First Four.

CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2024 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.
    Last edited by _kai_; November 5, 2013, 03:51 PM. Reason: fixed the hyperlink for you 771

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
    Jerry Palm at CBS Sports released his pre-season bracketology today and has WSU as a 5-seed playing Purdue in Spokane with Gonzaga as the 4-seed. He also has Indiana State as an at-large in the First Four.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology
    Tennessee, St. Louis and potential opponent BYU also make field. I expected to.see Davidson, but they did not make it. Same for Bama.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

All things being equal I would like to be the 5 seed in the South.

Comment

I'll take that bracket right now! Lock it in!

Comment

It's kind of funny to me, but I can't see us as a 5 seed. I think we'll be 9-11 or a protected seed.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            Tennessee, St. Louis and potential opponent BYU also make field. I expected to.see Davidson, but they did not make it. Same for Bama.
            I noticed Western Kentucky is in there too. If Palm is right about most of these, we have an opportunity to play (and beat) quite a few tournament teams. I agree about Davidson--hard to imagine them not winning the Southern.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

A possible KU-Creighton match-up? Is Scottrade big enough to hold that much jack-holery from those two fan bases at one time?
              78-65

Comment

I really don't like Jerry Palm. He's really not that accurate. I think he had us as one of us last 4 in for most of the year last year.

Anyways, can Gonzaga really play in Spokane? Something about that doesn't smell right.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  A possible KU-Creighton match-up? Is Scottrade big enough to hold that much jack-holery from those two fan bases at one time?
                  I'm sure enough poopiness would be generated to create a foul fog that could be smelled in Indy.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Gonzaga can play in Spokane just like WSU can play in Wichita if Intrust ever gets to host. I believe the rule is that as long as you play no more than three games at a location you can play there in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      It's kind of funny to me, but I can't see us as a 5 seed. I think we'll be 9-11 or a protected seed.
                      Quick. Somebody call the 911. The doc is either being held hostage by KC or he has had a medical episode.

Comment

I think one more shipment out west would officially make me tired of it. Hopefully we get St. Louis or San Antonio. Complaining about NCAA tournament locations is a nice problem to have.

Comment

I think what doc is trying to say is we will either be so dominant over the season that we get a 1-3 seed, or we kind of limp along and end up a 9-11. It will be hard to have a season where we play good but not great and get a 5 seed. That's how weak the valley looks to outsiders.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

You know you've guessed right, Steele, when the guy you're interpreting says he likes your post.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              I really don't like Jerry Palm. He's really not that accurate. I think he had us as one of us last 4 in for most of the year last year.

Anyways, can Gonzaga really play in Spokane? Something about that doesn't smell right.
                              This classic from 2013 is why Fever should never be banned. He called out the loser two + years earlier.

Comment

Working...
                              X