Cleanthony Early - All American

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleanthony Early - All American

Hey all, been reading Shocknet the last couple year as a student but I just now created a posting account.

What do you kind of stats do you think Cle will need to put up to be an All-American at the end of the year?
    What does the team need to achieve for this to be reality?

Go Shox!

18 and 8

With big time performances in big-time games/spotlights
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

And have big games against the quality opponents on the schedule.

Comment

2013 All Americans

Otto Porter 16.2 ppg 7.5 reb .422 3P%

Cody Zeller 16.5 ppg 8.0 reb .564 FG%

Deshaun Thomas 19.8 ppg 5.9 reb .344 3P%

Cle' will need to be as good or better.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

17 and 7 with strong block/steal stats and a top 25 team will get him on a second or third team.
          Livin the dream

Comment

If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

The Early indication is that the Shox won't be another Marshall-era "everyone shares the scoring" team. The way things look Early in the season is that Early, Baker, and VanVleet will get the bulk of the stats.

The NCAA changed some rules to favor players who can drive from the perimeter - and it just happens that WSU has 3 players with major skills at doing that. Early can hit from 3, drive to the hoop, and play post-up offense either facing up with his back to the basket.

I think Early will have the opportunity to put up AA type stats. In doing that, he will get Baker and FVV a lot of national attention for their next 2 seasons. I don't think the Shox have had 3 players with the impact of Early/Baker/FVV since X was a Fr on the team with AC and Good News.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  Damn that's some beautiful basketball from Cle, FVV, Ron, Tekele, and company!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Damn that's some beautiful basketball from Cle, FVV, Ron, Tekele, and company!!!
                    Good stuff.. kinda gets the old tired blood pumping again...
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      I really like the job that Nick Jones has been doing on showing videos on various former players from WSU. He clearly doesn't spend time talking about matters that have nothing to do with basketball, but instead focuses on just plain basketball discussions, and shows videos to back up what he is seeing. I think he has done one on Ron Baker, Tekel Cotton, R. Kelly, and Landry Shamet. All his videos have been very good. Our future players would do well to watch these videos.

The thing about the videos on Cle is that they obviously show awesome dunks. But, in my opinion the thing that stands out is Cleanthony's ability to sprint down the court and beat the other teams player guarding him for the dunk. Cle could just flat out run and had great speed too. In one of those videos Cle simply ran past his own teammate Chadrack Luffle to get the score. I think some of the players coming in this year recruiting class also have this kind of speed and ability to run the court. And I also think we got guys that NOW get them the ball. We may see more fast breaks next year. Go Shocks.

Comment

Not taking anything away from some any of our players, but just speaking for me, Cle brought an excitement to the game that we have been missing for a number of years.

Hopefully, this is the year we get it back.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                          Not taking anything away from some any of our players, but just speaking for me, Cle brought an excitement to the game that we have been missing for a number of years.

Hopefully, this is the year we get it back.
                          Looking in the direction of Clarence Jackson...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Looking in the direction of Clarence Jackson...
                            WSU could have possibly gotten a good one, if one takes into account he was a top-rated Juco after his frosh season. Probably would have been highly sought after if he had returned to Juco for his Soph season.

Plus the kid has been Jockin' on some Play Angry since way back in the day. He's more than likely a Cle fan. It was meant to be...

Comment

Watching some of these.....How Fred VanVleet DOESN'T have a banner hanging in CKA is just....I don't know. I just don't have the words. The dude was every bit as special as some of those other guys. Not only did the Shocks have a great leader and passer, he had guys willing to get oout on a break and run some lanes. He just made everyone look so good. He made every other guy on the floor better. The guy just won. How is he NOT worthy of having a jersey hanging? Make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X