Defense Too Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense Too Good

I appreciate good defense as much as the next guy, but the team is going too far this year.

I had to stand. And clap. For almost 10 minutes of game time. It was just an exhibition so hopefully they make some adjustments. I can't do that all year.

Hopefully in the future the athletic department thinks of this. It was pretty embarrassing. Maybe after like 4 minutes they can tell the players to let the other team score so I can sit down, or something like that. Not sure how it would work. Between the standing, and the clapping, and the bright flashy signs, and oppressively bright and flashy scoreboard, and the obnoxiously noisy speakers, not to mention the other people there, there was a lot getting in the way of me being able to just sit and enjoy the game.

I think OB only had one made shot from the field in the first half. Just think, we just about had to stand for the whole half! I'm all for preseason conditioning, but geez...
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Coach Marshall in the postgame show with Mike Kennedy wondered if everyone would have had to stand during halftime too if they hadn't made that one field goal.

Comment

You guys are a bunch of namby pamby's. Back in the old days (Randy Smithson) we would stand until the Shocks scored. Sometimes we stood for 12 to 15 minutes every game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
          I think OB only had one made shot from the field in the first half. Just think, we just about had to stand for the whole half! I'm all for preseason conditioning, but geez...
          I think that lone FG for OBU was around the 10 minute mark.

Weird factoids one recalls...

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            You guys are a bunch of namby pamby's. Back in the old days (Randy Smithson) we would stand until the Shocks scored. Sometimes we stood for 12 to 15 minutes every game.
            Those were the days. Nothing like reinforcing how bad your own team is playing by having them reminded every offensive possession that they haven't scored in 8 minutes of game time.

I always thought that was a bizarre tradition that we clapped until we scored. Glad Turgeon asked to change it.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I can understand how we stand till our team scores, but not for the opponents to score. It seems kind of dumb.

Comment

I think Randy knew that's the only way he would ever see the crowd on their feet and he wanted to draw it out as long as possible.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We had a blue hair behind us that was not too pleased the crowd was still standing after the first 5 minutes or so. And he let everyone around him know it... :/
                  Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                  Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
                    We had a blue hair behind us that was not too pleased the crowd was still standing after the first 5 minutes or so. And he let everyone around him know it... :/
                    So he didn't like WSU playing defense?

Oh well, he can sit and listen to the headphones for all I care.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Hell half of the crowd stayed sitting after the first time out anyway. Pissed me off a little. Coach has one request...stand for defense. It's the least we fans can do. And most of these fans I saw sitting (tons of them) have been attending for years and knows the drill. Unless a thousand fans become handicap at the same time there shouldn't be a reason they can't fulfill Marshall's request.

I know Lynn was getting quite irritated also lol.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I might have been the only one standing in my section, and that's NOT a good thing. Gregg was not happy...I could see it in his eyes. He was proud of his team.

DO NOT BE COMPLACENT SHOCKERNATION.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I might have been the only one standing in my section, and that's NOT a good thing. Gregg was not happy...I could see it in his eyes. He was proud of his team.

Some of us are starting to get spoiled. Sometimes, I'd really like to throw these sitting Nancies back into the 90's and remind them what things were like then... when they could sit down quickly, not have to strain their legs by standing very long, and watch Shocker squads get boatraced into oblivion.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I did sit down during the media timeouts. My knees aren't what they used to be. But my new row in my new section this year rose to the occasion all the way until the first basket by OB!
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Dont worry Doc we will never be complacent! Just proud to be a Shocker!
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X