WSU VERSUS EMPORIA STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS EMPORIA STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Here's the deal. D-FENCE is still our beloved Shocker modus operandi. Add a twist of our inside presence to the fold with new eligible players, Kadeem "KABOOM" Coleby and Darius "welcome back forever" Carter. U like? Look for Coleby to lead our team in jams and blocked shots as he did last night. Early should lead us in points and FVV and Baker in assists. Who will lead us in bounds? Maybe Early or Kadeem me thinks?

Last Season, our 3 leaders were Hall, Early, and Armstead. This Season, I predict the 3 main leaders will be Ron "I got this one Coach" Baker, Cle "I'm never ever late" Early, and Fred "Van-Smooth" VanVleet. With that said we have a defensive leader by the name of Tekele "the jail foes best player" Cotton. Mr. Cotton led our team in minutes played last night with 25.. The paper today had Mr. Baker leading us in steals with 4 of our 9 total and in assists with 4 of our team total of 17.

Since team depth will be of essence maybe more than ever before, I am hoping that Nick "I can explode for a point a minute" Wiggins, Evan "who led the Shocks in 3 point % last Season" Wessel, and Ria'n "the sharpshooter" Holland will assist Baker in keeping the 'packed in zones' used against us in a disarray and in search of a bus ticket back home. Chadrack is improved but the "Marshall Plan" demands the need for rebounding and he only had 1 in 11 minutes last night. Derail will get his chance but the 'learning curve' will need to be his friend this Season. He is a solid shooter with range so that helps. Shaq should be a solid player as long as he puts out full effort all of the time at this level. Will he redshirt? Dunno, but he will have guidance to do what is best for him in the context of what is especially best for our Team. Last night in 10 minutes he had 4-points, blocked 2 shots, with 3 rebounds.

Shocks--77

Hornets-43
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Emporia is gonna get smashed. I know Gavin Brown. He's a good guy. Watch him and CJ. They are a good match up.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I predict 72 free throws.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        Darius "welcome back forever" Carter
        Is this some kind of a pun with an East Coast accent where "Carter" would be pronounce "Kotter"?

Only people who remember when John Travolta was young will get this.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Is this some kind of a pun with an East Coast accent where "Carter" would be pronounce "Kotter"?

Only people who remember when John Travolta was young will get this.
          All's I know Aargh, is I am finding myself 2-steppin to elevator jams these days and am concerned I will pull a hammy. That too, could be very painful. "Stayin alive, stayin alive!!!!!! I still luv that song back in the day before the elevator jams were even on my radar.

Look for our Shock bigs to come out rebounding a storm Saturday to get back in step with the Marshall Plan. I know we won't hold Emporia State to just 1 field goal in a half. Never seen that before here. That was incredible. I really like our bigs and think we will be solid inside this Season on both sides of the court and am excited about that. We won't at all look past this game and we understand that W. Kentucky will be a handful indeed.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I predict pain.
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Shox 80
              ESU 55
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Probably will swap players out a lot again (except for those that will be redshirted). So this might lead to more inconsistencies, but won't be too bad. I'm going with:

Shox: 78
                Emporia: 45

Comment

WU 88 Eu 52
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Any word on red shirts? I hope the young men in question listen to the coaching staff and put ego aside for their betterment and that of the program.

Go Shocks!
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

HCGM on the coach's show said definitely one and maybe a second. He didn't want to discuss names because he still needed to have conversations with the players in question.
                      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

West of the Turnpike -- 92

East of the Turnpike -- 50
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

80-40

Comment

Shockers 76
                            Hornets 53

Comment

Play Angry: 93

Pin me, Pay me: 41

Comment

Working...
                              X