Shockers vs Oklahoma Baptist game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers vs Oklahoma Baptist game thread

It may be several days away, but we've waited an awfully time for the season to roll back around. It's finally here!

I'm ready to start the conversation about actual upcoming games, and hopefully some of you are too.

I say we start Kadeem, Cle, Tekele, Ron and FreshVV. Really anxious to see Wessel back out there, along with a long awaited first look at Derail if he is healthy. Team Canada has me pretty intrigued, too...especially after hearing the good report on CJ against Baylor.

I'm really interested to see how the fouls get called in these first few games.

Not much to go on without having seen us play, but with a preseason top 25 ranking and a potentially great offense this year...hmmm

Shockers - 95
    Oklahoma Baptist - 60

NOTE: I do acknowledge that this is not at all a licensed @forevershockerfan: thread. I anxiously await its validation. I'm gonna need to know what "the deal" is ASAP.

Let the games begin, right?
    Last edited by Dave Stalwart; October 28, 2013, 01:51 PM.

Thanks for the reminder. The game will be shown on Shockervision for thos that can't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Thanks for the reminder. The game will be shown on Shockervision for thos that can't make it.
      I actually have to miss this game, and I wont even be able to watch online because of circumstances, so I am definitely going to be relying on SN to hear how it's going.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        It may be several days away, but we've waited an awfully time for the season to roll back around. It's finally here!

I'm ready to start the conversation about actual upcoming games, and hopefully some of you are too.

I say we start Kadeem, Cle, Tekele, Ron and FreshVV. Really anxious to see Wessel back out there, along with a long awaited first look at Derail if he is healthy. Team Canada has me pretty intrigued, too...especially after hearing the good report on CJ against Baylor.

I'm really interested to see how the fouls get called in these first few games.

Not much to go on without having seen us play, but with a preseason top 25 ranking and a potentially great offense this year...hmmm

Shockers - 95
        Oklahoma Baptist - 60

NOTE: I do acknowledge that this is not at all a licensed @forevershockerfan: thread. I anxiously await its validation. I'm gonna need to know what "the deal" is ASAP.

Let the games begin, right?

Speaking of, where is @forevershockerfan:? He absence has been noted, and I for one miss his posts and hope that he is well.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Speaking of, where is @forevershockerfan:? He absence has been noted, and I for one miss his posts and hope that he is well.
          +1
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
            Not so fast on that starting lineup says Gregg:

@ShaneEwing
            Gregg Marshall says Chadrack Lufile has the advantage over Kedeem Coleby for 5 spot. Darius Carter will share minutes at the 5 as well.

Comment

WHOA! Yes! Team Canada baby. Somebody better tell grindtography so they don't have an aneurism this season :)

What's next? Wiggins starts because he's a senior and manages to score so many points that Tekele has to split time?

Chadrack beating out Kadeem is a big step toward WSU having a solid 5 spot... Unless it means that Kadeem sucks. :) I doubt that.

Comment

Where is that old "Chadrack Lufile: Man or Boy?" thread started by Play Angry...*ahem* Coldblooded?

Sounds like he is a MAN to me.

In all seriousness though, I wonder if its because he has a better developed back to the basket game so far. He did hit that really weird looking under handed skyhook at Madness.

We know Kadeem can block and dunk, but we need a true center in there. I guess I'll find out soon enough

Comment

If CJ is beating out Kadeem for the starter.......look out boys.

Comment

Can't decide if I should be concerned or excited. I'll go with "on the fence" and note that Marshall often says things to spark effort in players and keep the competitions going at a high level.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Can't decide if I should be concerned or excited. I'll go with "on the fence" and note that Marshall often says things to spark effort in players and keep the competitions going at a high level.
                      You should be excited. KC has received many compliments on his game from HCGM since he arrived. Also, KC has already played a successful year of D1 basketball. If CL is beating him for the 5 spot, that says a lot about his progress as a basketball player.

Comment

One thing that we know for sure is that CJ is a very athletic man, with great speed for having such a huge body.

Comment

CJ

If I recall correctly, KR (weight trainer) said CJ was the 1st on the team to be able to press 180 lbs 20 times in a row. He has gained 15 lbs since last year & is reputedly quicker, too.

Comment

This is an exhibition, too. So after HCGM see's how both of them do in a game situation, he'll have a better idea of who he thinks will do better starting when it counts.

Comment

Holy crap. CJ starting over KC? Wow. I have absolutely no more concern about our post depth this year.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                              X