Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Preview

Here's a Missouri Valley preview
    2013-14 season preview,bradley,cleanthony early,drake,evansville,illinois state,indiana state,jake odum,loyola-chicago,marcus marshall,mid-majors,missouri state,missouri valley,northern iowa,seth tuttle,southern illinois,walt lemon jr.,wichita state

The Purple Pimps won't appreciate that review.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I'd pick a different candidate for defensive pot.
      Phi Alpha

Comment

I get the feeling that this guy really didn't do any real research on his story. Baker's hand injury and Cotton not being preseason defensive player of the year are dead giveaways. Another thing is the borderline top 25 thing. I think he didn't really want this assignment and half-assed it.

Comment

Did Sawvell leave Evansville? I'd say he's their best returner.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            Sawvell is still there.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              The only names I remember other than pony boy are Mockevicius (sp?) and Balentine. I thought those players were decent but was thinking they were/are underclassmen? I was surprised that Eville had a decent big. Not great but decent.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think Adam Wing is a solid player as well. There's not a thing wrong with Sawvell, Pimpavicious, Wing and Ballentine. They need a point but I think that's a solid foundation, and in a down Valley year, they have every chance in the world to compete for 3-6. And I promise you they'll give us fits again....at a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I think Adam Wing is a solid player as well. There's not a thing wrong with Sawvell, Pimpavicious, Wing and Ballentine. They need a point but I think that's a solid foundation, and in a down Valley year, they have every chance in the world to compete for 3-6. And I promise you they'll give us fits again....at a minimum.
                  The Aces did sign two VERY good freshman PGs. Also, Marty's boy is pretty good. I see EVille being a top half team this year. Bradley or MSU is likely to be disappointed.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I've also thought Evansville has been undervalued based on focusing on Colt's graduation.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                      I've also thought Evansville has been undervalued based on focusing on Colt's graduation.
                      While I agree with this statement, they also lost their PG and two other starters. It's not like there isn't a huge turnover there, it's just that there happens to be a lot of young talent left over. I'm not sure if that talent will prevail this year or if it will take a year to adjust.

BTW, 2014-15 looks mighty good for UNI, MAU, and Evansville from a talent perspective.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        While I agree with this statement, they also lost their PG and two other starters. It's not like there isn't a huge turnover there, it's just that there happens to be a lot of young talent left over. I'm not sure if that talent will prevail this year or if it will take a year to adjust.

BTW, 2014-15 looks mighty good for UNI, MAU, and Evansville from a talent perspective.
                        Agreed, they had losses beyond Colt that will hurt and I don't think they will be as good this year as last year. I think they drop from 4th to 5th or 6th, but I have seen a lot of predictions of 7th or lower.

Comment

I'm not a believer in Evansville. Sorry. The best they could muster with the best player they've ever seen in an Evansville uniform has only gotten them 4th place with CIT/CBI bids. Woo freaking hoo. I think some of you are in a slight fog since they swept us for the first time in, I dunno, a century? They are a pest but they are a pest that should be swatted with a newspaper every time we play them. What's Marty's record with the Aces now? I just don't get how some of you are magically on the EU bandwagon. Of course, I could be wrong, but I just don't see how they get better after Colt McCoy has passed. They're gonna have to prove to me that they're better than a bad to mediocre basketball team which has played out over the course of a decade.

I see them in the 5th-7th range.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't think they will be better. I think the league will be down allowing them to finish basically where they finished last year.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              I'm not a believer in Evansville. Sorry. The best they could muster with the best player they've ever seen in an Evansville uniform has only gotten them 4th place with CIT/CBI bids. Woo freaking hoo. I think some of you are in a slight fog since they swept us for the first time in, I dunno, a century? They are a pest but they are a pest that should be swatted with a newspaper every time we play them. What's Marty's record with the Aces now? I just don't get how some of you are magically on the EU bandwagon. Of course, I could be wrong, but I just don't see how they get better after Colt McCoy has passed. They're gonna have to prove to me that they're better than a bad to mediocre basketball team which has played out over the course of a decade.

I see them in the 5th-7th range.
                              The Browns certainly haven't gotten better since Colt McCoy passed...

Just givin you a hard time. I tend to agree with you. Evansville is good enough that if you aren't focused they can reach up and bite you. But as long as you come prepared to pay you shouldn't have a problem. They are definitely a pest. However,I don't think it is a stretch to see them finish 5th. Quite a few teams are retooling this year.
                              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                              X