• Show
Clear All

• Cleanthony Early Makes List of "Most Unguardable Players..."

I wonder if Tekele Cotton has anything to say about this list

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      I wonder if Tekele Cotton has anything to say about this list
      He did pretty well against #1.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Doug McDermott is a 6’8”, 225-pound forward with no particular quickness or ball-handling skill
        True, dat.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

How do they know some of these incoming frosh are unguardable? No one plays defense in AAU....
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            True, dat.
            They should have followed that with "But he still manages to score 20+ points and rebound well because he is on a team with even less quickness or ball handling skill, and his dad, who is the coach, runs the entire game through him. In spite of the fact that he blocked 3 shots all of last season and was successfully guarded by a 6'5 Ben Smith and a 6'3" Tekele Cotton at WSU, we ranked him the #1 unguardable player in 2013-14 because those guys didn't even make the MVC all defensive team...?"

Comment

The Doug McDermott hate is unnecessary. He's one of CBB's all time great scorers.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                He did pretty well against #1.
                Sat 3/2
                vsWICHITA STATE
                W 91-79 32 15-18 .833 5-8 .625 6-6 1.000 6 3 0 0 2 3 41

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  The Doug McDermott hate is unnecessary. He's one of CBB's all time great scorers.
                  I like McD. He's fun to rag on. I was afraid someone might catch those stats. The post was more fun before I looked up the truth :) he's a classy guy who plays great basketball. You have to save a little space to be rivals. The coolest part is having Cle and another (basically) MVC guy up so high on a list like that. It's kind of a tragedy to me that we won't see them square off this year.

However, the Ben Smith point stands. He was a cool dude.

Comment

Sat 3/2
                    vsWICHITA STATE
                    W 91-79 32 15-18 .833 5-8 .625 6-6 1.000 6 3 0 0 2 3 41
                    I do wonder if cotton drew that matchup as much as we were even thinking. I can't remember. It might be Cle and Carl who are the culprits. Does anyone remember?

Comment

I do wonder if cotton drew that matchup as much as we were even thinking. I can't remember. It might be Cle and Carl who are the culprits. Does anyone remember?
                      It was Carl, didn't guard the 3 point line in the last 10 minutes of the game. Painful to watch in person and hear creighton fans cream themselves.

Comment

Nope. Cotton drew him in the home game and worked him over. In the away game it was by committee. Bad decision.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Cle at #6 is very high on the list, but deserved. If he shoots 35% from three and manages to stay out of foul trouble, he is going to get all kinds of off-season accolades.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

On this website, it's as necessary as breathing air.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

SoW is probably the best shooter in the history of NCAA basketball if you factor in his lack of athleticisiom, quickness, or speed. SoW is a great shooter.

D1 players who play Defense get fouls called on them. In many cases, those fouls - especially for front court players - limit playing time. SoW does not play D in any way, shape, or form that might possibly get a foul called. That keeps him in games longer than most other front court players, which inflates his stats compared to others playing the same position.

SoW is a good player. His BBIQ is off the charts. His instincts are incredible. His ability to be in the right spot is uncanny. He can hit defended shots that other players wouldn't even attempt.

In the "Formerly Big" East, he will face more athletic and physical 4's than he saw in the MVC. Without Echenique demanding a double and setting wide-body picks to keep defenders off of Wookie, Jr., Dougie's abilities will have a different challenge this year.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X