shocker bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocker bios

Was reading through some of the bios on GoShockers.com and found a funny tidbit. On Tekele Cotton's bio, 3rd sentence reads "was not named to the All-Valley defensive team". Think this is motivation for Cotton, a dig at the Valley, or a little of both?

I noticed that too. I was really just happy that they have the bios updated more than anything. It looked mostly like a dig at the MVC to me.

Comment

Definitely a dig. Pretty funny.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Hilarious!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

There is some swagger in the first line of Baker's bio as well: "Played three games back from an injured foot to get acclimated during the Valley Tournament before starting the final five NCAA games of the season ..."
          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Looking at the roster, here are some weight changes of some of the players who were here last year. All the others were 5 or less. I put Baker in because he dropped 5 lbs.
            Player
            Baker
            Bush
            Cotton
            Green
            Lufile
            Wessel

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              On Tekele Cotton's bio, 3rd sentence reads "was not named to the All-Valley defensive team".
              That is fantastic!!!
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Looking at the roster, here are some weight changes of some of the players who were here last year. All the others were 5 or less. I put Baker in because he dropped 5 lbs.
                Player
                Baker
                Bush
                Cotton
                Green
                Lufile
                Wessel
                Lufile gained that much weight? I was noticing he looked more agile and active during shocker madness. Thought he actually lost weight.
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Cotton is up 7 pounds? The backcourt is fairly salty in the bulk department. Cotton: 6'2", 209; Baker: 6'4", 213.
                  Those are 2 really quick guys with good ups for the weight they're packing.

Throw in Wessel: 6'5", 215. Wessel may not be as quick, as fast, or as athletic as Baker and Cotton. That's no dis on Wessel. Not many people on this planet have the physical assets that Baker and Cotton have. Unlike Cotton and Baker, Wessel has the mindset, body, and ability to bang down low.

With that rotation at the wing, there's going to be a lot of opponents' wings feeling like they've just been in a UFC battle about midway through the second half - or maybe the first half.

Edit: After I reread this post, I had to correct something. I think Baker has the mindset, body, and ability to bang down low. I think Baker's better ball handling and passing - again no dis on Wessel - will have Baker spending more time on the perimeter. Wessel is more likely to be down low, even though Wessel is an outstanding shooter from 3.
                  Last edited by Aargh; October 21, 2013, 11:23 PM. Reason: Got To Correct Something About Baker
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I won't presume to compare Baker and Wessel in terms of athletic ability, and why bother anyway. But I will say this: both are superior athletes. Even in a relatively small state like Kansas, you can't be an all-State football player both ways, at a skill position (as Wessel was), without being an outstanding athlete.

Comment

Yeah, Wessel is REALLY athletic.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Yeah, Wessel is REALLY athletic.
                        This. You don't any extra modifiers.

Comment

Working...
                        X