Preseason Coaches Poll #16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason Coaches Poll #16

Weekly results from the USA TODAY Sports NCAA Men’s College Basketball coaches poll, conducted weekly using a panel of head coaches at Division I schools.
    YOUSUCKITPOX

Certainly won't complain about that. Should be high enough that 1 loss doesn't automatically doom you to the receiving votes category.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Poll mechanics are definitely favorable when you start at 16.
      YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

This cant be right. We lost Hall Armstead and Orupke....
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Very reasonable starting position.

It will be interesting to see where we land in the preseason AP poll. We've been ranked in that just once since 1965 (#6 in 1981-82).

Comment

enjoy the respect...but these polls arent worth a darn until after april

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
              enjoy the respect...but these polls arent worth a darn until after april
              At one level, yes, but it can matter for recruiting when your program is constantly getting exposure and a perception boost with recruits.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

LOL at the new "Big East!" Only a single BE team ranked, and below lowly WSU. The old BE if still intact would have had a total of 5 teams in this particular top 25. Now they have the same total as the MVC, A10, MWC, and WCC: One.

Well... at least they were able to keep the name.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  At one level, yes, but it can matter for recruiting when your program is constantly getting exposure and a perception boost with recruits.
                  I also believe it can influence your status as an at-large contender, and your seeding.

Comment

Originally posted by NBC Article
                    Four teams from outside the seven power conferences (I’m including the Big East and the AAC in that conversation) made the top 25: Gonzaga, Wichita State, VCU and New Mexico. Ironically enough, that’s the same as the number of former Big East teams currently ranked: Louisville, Syracuse, Notre Dame and UConn. Marquette is the only current Big East member in the top 25.
                    The first installment of the USA Today Coaches Poll was released on Thursday afternoon, and it shouldn't come as a shock to many of you that Kentucky was named the Preseason No. 1 team in the country.

Comment

How do they pick the coaches that vote in this?
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
                        LOL at the new "Big East!" Only a single BE team ranked, and below lowly WSU. The old BE if still intact would have had a total of 5 teams in this particular top 25. Now they have the same total as the MVC, A10, MWC, and WCC: One.

Well... at least they were able to keep the name.
                        That is a big time conference right there.

Hey, at least they have all of their games on some fledgling, channel 700-something, nobody's-even-watching Fox Sports channel.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

creighton fans are butt-hurt that WSU is picked 16th and they are not getting any respect.

Comment

Poll

I think this is a good starting point, now if we can get off to a decent start we could be top ten by Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              creighton fans are butt-hurt that WSU is picked 16th and they are not getting any respect.
                              I know right? Wait til little Dougie graduates and they don't get Gibbs back for a seventh year. We'll see how well Coach Mac continues their success.

Comment

Working...
                              X