• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS Top 25

CBS analyst all six of them, released their top 25 today

CBS Top 25

that's another sh*t poll

Comment

Some of you need to downshift a tad. Because the so-called "experts" have predicted the Shox will be down shouldn't trigger the thin skinned, knee jerk, Rodney Dangerfield I get no respect reaction. Lump me in with the group that says Carl Hall and Malcom Armstead are HUGE losses and will be difficult shoes to fill.

We'll be good, Final Four good now that's a different story. I'm thinking it will take the fresh faces time to adjust to high caliber D1 competition not to mention GM's system. There will be some cringes and frowns while we observe the team to gel and the new guys adjust to the learning curve. I'm thinking there will be some disappointing losses leading up to MVC play, where the team finally figures it out and plays up to expectations and their full capabilities.

Am I way off base?

Comment

Jerry Palm has been beaten up pretty bad on this board but he is the only one that gave us any respect.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          Some of you need to downshift a tad. Because the so-called "experts" have predicted the Shox will be down shouldn't trigger the thin skinned, knee jerk, Rodney Dangerfield I get no respect reaction. Lump me in with the group that says Carl Hall and Malcom Armstead are HUGE losses and will be difficult shoes to fill.

We'll be good, Final Four good now that's a different story. I'm thinking it will take the fresh faces time to adjust to high caliber D1 competition not to mention GM's system. There will be some cringes and frowns while we observe the team to gel and the new guys adjust to the learning curve. I'm thinking there will be some disappointing losses leading up to MVC play, where the team finally figures it out and plays up to expectations and their full capabilities.

Am I way off base?
          Sounds like the exact same thing you said at this time last year, minus the "We'll be good, Final Four good now that's a different story" part.

I think that we've earned a little respect, but not enough for some typical WSU fans.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by The Cat View Post
            Jerry Palm has been beaten up pretty bad on this board but he is the only one that gave us any respect.
            He should be bending over backwards over us. He got absolutely humiliated last year with his "rankings" and "predictions" on us. Time to eat some crow, Jerry.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

That's okay, we are used to being under estimated.

Comment

Looking at Gottleib's top 10 told me all I needed to know: Cal???????:hopelessness:

We deserve a hell of a lot more respect than we are getting from these CBS rankings, but it seems like pretty much every other publication has us in the top 25-15. I'd rather us play like a top 25 team and not be ranked, than the other way around.

Anybody have any idea when the preseason AP and Coaches' polls come out?

Comment

Am I way off base?
                  New guys? What new guys? You mean Carter and Coleby?

How about the "old" guys. Early, Baker, Cotton, VanVleet. That's 4 key returners from the F4 team. If you look at just those 4, we're replacing 1 - that's ONE, 1, uno player from an on-court combination that had very good results in the run to the F4.

There are a few more "old" guys. Wessel will be back in action. Wiggins showed that he could be a point-a-minute player. Can't really call Coleby an "old" guy", but he's certainly not a "new guy that has to be worked into the lineup".

That's 7 players that are - more or less - returning from a F4 team. Carter is the only new guy that has to be worked into the rotation. The Shox don't need to rely on Green, Holland, or Morris to contribute in the main rotation. It would be good if Lufile's game improved in the pattern we've seen from JuCo's between their Jr and Sr years.

In my analysis, there is exactly 1 new player that needs to worked into the main rotation. Any of the other players who might contribute in the main rotation - that's just gravy. And I loves my gravy.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I don't care about rankings this early.

This discussion gets settled on the court.

Comment

It doesn't matter to me of we are ranked 15 or 30 in the preseason. Once the games get going we will know where we belong. This year we will have poll mechanics more in our favor and should get a good ranking so long as we take care of business on the court.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

It matters to me and this poll is total bs. There is no respect. Are you kidding me, we beat the **** out of some of the best bcs teams in the country and this is the respect we get?

I hope we kick a$$ again this season because I'm way past tired of these know it all's screwing us in the polls.

Comment

Winning will take care of rankings. these polls are meaningless right now.

Comment

I am not surprised, are you? In a society with an attention span of close to ninety seconds and playing a game within a system rigged to favor those who have large media markets and play a "sport which shall not be named"; one tourney run does not change such bias. It's time for our beloved Shockers to prove the point, again, and #PlayAngry !

Go Shocks!!!!
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Am I way off base?
                              Sounds like what you say before every season. "We'll be good but not as good as last season." I think you are as off base as you were for the past 7 years
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X