Sad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad news

Senior KSU guard Clent Stewart's Mother Vanessa died today after a brave fight against bone cancer. Thank God she at least was able to be there last Wednesday to see Clent help lead the 'Cats to the win against KU. We were all hoping she could make it to Senior night to see Clent play his last home game but it was not meant to be.

I know KSU is not popular on this board but please pause a moment to send your thoughts and prayers to Clent and his family. He is a quality young man and truly loved his mother.

RIP

Comment

prayers have been said.

Comment

Correction

Fitz just posted on GoPowercat that Vanessa is indeed still with us but in grave condition and Clent is with her in Tulsa at this time. The prognosis is not good so please keep Mrs. Stewart, Clent and the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Comment

I've had the opportunity to talk to Clent a few times and he's a great guy. It's always sad when someone loses a parent, lets hope that Clent can keep his mom around for awhile.
          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I think Clent seriously considered us before he chose K-State, which makes the connection to him even closer.
            Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

That is sad. Our thoughts and prayers are with Clent and family.

Comment

Having lost my own mother to cancer, I can certainly empathize with the young man.

I'll keep him in my thoughts.

Comment

Along with Hoskins, Clent Stewart has been a warrior and class act each time he's played against KU. We've got a lot of respect for those guys. We're sorry to hear about Clent's mother. May God bless.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Thank you BCS cat. We hate each other on the court but when it comes down to personal things we stick together. We, as in shockernet will be praying for him and his family and friends to overcome this situation. I hope he uses this to bring a positive to someones life and to help others through thier hard times. GOD bless you!!! :good:
                    " If you build it they will come ", Koch Arena

Comment

Mrs. Stewart has now passed.

She died Tuesday afternoon in Tulsa. Thanks to all of you for your kind words. Clent is a fine young man and she must have been a heck of a lady to have helped raise him. She was still in her 40's.

Too young, too soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X