Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article in Columbus, OH Dispatch - "still tormenting some of them, all of them, prob"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article in Columbus, OH Dispatch - "still tormenting some of them, all of them, prob"

“People kind of silently hold on to those things,” junior guard Lenzelle Smith Jr. said. “I’m never going to forget, and I’m pretty sure Aaron is never going to forget. When we came back, a lot of people talked about our success, but in the back of my mind, the only thing that plays is we lost to Wichita State with a chance to go back to the Final Four.
    http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2013/10/11/memory-of-loss-serves-as-motivation-for-buckeyes.html

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Play Angry, Buckeyes.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

They can't play angry. They don't know how. They can play cocky. I hope we meet again in the tourney this year, so we can again knock that arrogant smirk of their faces and leave them in tears.

Go Shox!! #MyState

Comment

I just remember laughing so hard at Thad Matta's tomato face during the first half.

He went from Thad Matta, to Mad Matta, and finally to Sad Matta in 40 minutes.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

We would feel the same if the shoe was on the other foot. That being said, I have watched that game many, many times, and there are calls I could point to and say that was a bad call, it should have gone the other way. It happens. OU didn't play well in the first half and it wasn't until about the 11 minute mark in the second half that they came alive. It's called Marsh Madness for a reason. I'm just glad we were on the end that mattered. It's like any loss -- you always see things that you could have done differently or better. Just look at the Louisville game. I know it stings -- it always does. It's the one that got away. If you could just only do it over, it would turn out differently. Well there is this year.

Comment

Oh come on, give us the real quotes:

"I still jerk out of my sleep at night from the nightmare of feeling #32's breath on the back of my neck."
            - Aaron Craft

Last edited by Kung Wu; October 11, 2013, 10:56 AM.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

"Oh and that Van Vleet plays pretty crafty defense too. You know, for a freshman."
              - Aaron Craft

Comment

"But then out of nowhere came this STEAM ROLLER."
                - Aaron Craft

Comment

"That's when I knew we would lose."
                  - Aaron Craft

Comment

You're the best Kung!
                    I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                    If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

OSU got so many calls down the stretch that game. That's the only reason it was close at the end.

We were 15 points better than that team.
                      Last edited by ShockerFever; October 11, 2013, 10:47 PM.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well, the only reason we won is because they played the worst they had all season...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                          Well, the only reason we won is because they played the worst they had all season...
                          I don't think they were the only team to express that feeling after they played the Shocks. Funny how that seemed to work.

Comment

Damn, I love these kind of sayings. A few years ago I saw a quote from a young man on high school football team that was undefeated in week 7, playing another undefeated team. This young man's team was behind 49-0 when they got their first first down of the game in the third quarter on the opponents JV defense. "They aren't any better than we are. We just failed to execute." Huh?
                            Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X