Event on the 18th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event on the 18th?

Is there some type of basketball event on the 18th? Seems like I read that somewhere.

Originally posted by wuhog View Post
    Is there some type of basketball event on the 18th? Seems like I read that somewhere.
    Shocker Madness

Comment

What time is espn's segment on the Shockers slated for?
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
        What time is espn's segment on the Shockers slated for?
        Kind of a guessing game. The Shocker Volleyball game vs Bradley is at 6:00 that evening. You would expect the Shocks to sweep Bradley, but what you expect and what happens are not always the same. A few years ago they scheduled Shocker Madness after a Volleyball game vs Drake. Drake took the heavily favored Shockers to 5 sets and totally threw things out of whack. A 3-set match will usually last around 1.5 hours. A 5-set match can last 2.5 hours.

So assuming the Shockers take care of business Shocker Madness will get underway after they breakdown the Volleyball court and setup the basketball standards. So I am guessing Shocker Madness will start around 7:45pm to 8:00pm (again assuming they sweep Bradley in the VB match).

My understanding is that the Lady Shocks will be up first. So assuming they are on the floor for 45 minutes (including warm-ups, intros and scrimmage) then we will probably get to the Shocker men around 8:30 to 8:45.

Just a bunch of guess work on my part. If ESPN needs a specific time then I suppose you play it by ear and be prepared to make adjustments in the schedule (i.e. Men first, followed by the Ladies) as necessary, especially if the VB match goes longer than expected.

Comment

Forget my guessing here are the "official" plans:

So it looks like ESPN will start coverage around 9:00pm.

Not sure what they will do if the Volleyball match goes long. That would irritate me on multiple fronts.

Comment

Thanks. I knew my shockernetters could get me up to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Forget my guessing here are the "official" plans:

So it looks like ESPN will start coverage around 9:00pm.

Not sure what they will do if the Volleyball match goes long. That would irritate me on multiple fronts.
              Just curious. How many fronts do you have? Thanks for posting the link and I'll hang up and listen on the air.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                Just curious. How many fronts do you have? Thanks for posting the link and I'll hang up and listen on the air.

Comment

I posted this in the recruiting thread also, but 247 Sports has William "Ha Ha" Lee making his official visit to WSU on the 18th. Hope that is true. Wonder if anyone else will be visiting that night?

William Lee is a 6-8, 185-pound Small Forward from Plantersville, AL.
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    I posted this in the recruiting thread also, but 247 Sports has William "Ha Ha" Lee making his official visit to WSU on the 18th. Hope that is true. Wonder if anyone else will be visiting that night?

http://247sports.com/Player/William-Lee-22002
                    That may not be such a good thing. We usually suck at Shocker Madness.

Comment

Get your butts to Charles Koch Arena on Friday, October 18 for Shocker Madness. I started an 'official' thread to help promote the event.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                      X