No announcement yet.

Who will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amen on that last post. No matter how talented we appear on paper, we always sleepwalk through a couple games a year. Not to mention injuries - we have a couple key guys that we can't afford to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      We had an amazing team last year that reached the final four, but there were some real low points during the regular season, so to think that we will just roll through everyone and go undefeated or even just 1 or 2 losses is not realistic in my opinion. I definitely think we win the league with 3 or 4 losses, but there will no doubt be head scratching losses -- as there are will nearly all teams every year.
      Yep! Being a great team does not necessitate a 16-2 finish.
      Livin the dream

Comment

FVV, Baker and Wessel don't strike me as the sleep walking type.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This program is finding its identity and will not be sleep walking at any point. A bad game here or there sure, but this team will not lose more than 3 games tops in conference. The odds of us losing 4 games are probably worse than us going 18-0.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            The odds of us losing 4 games are probably worse than us going 18-0.
            Probably not.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              This program is finding its identity and will not be sleep walking at any point. A bad game here or there sure, but this team will not lose more than 3 games tops in conference. The odds of us losing 4 games are probably worse than us going 18-0.
              With all due respect, your statement is a little naive. Almost every team has a bad stretch during their season. It takes a great team to be perfect or almost perfect. I just hope they are at their best at tournament time. I do expect to win the league.

Comment

Has everyone forgotten our MVC record in 2012? 16-2. This team will be better. The conference will be worse. I will be very surprised by four losses OR zero. Anything between is reasonable to believe at this point.

Comment

Speaking for myself, i'm conservatively optimistic. I'm not gonna start gloating until I see how our new team comes together. I have faith that guys like Baker and VanVleet will be solid. Cle is a difference maker but he needs to stay on the floor. We're unproven in the middle even though Coleby has the makings of being a player, he hasn't shown us his tendancies yet. I think Wiggins and Wessel could be X factors. Still a lot to learn, but reasons to be excited.

Comment

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                    Has everyone forgotten our MVC record in 2012? 16-2. This team will be better. The conference will be worse. I will be very surprised by four losses OR zero. Anything between is reasonable to believe at this point.
                    The last four years have been the winningest in Shocker history, yet only one year did we have less than 4 conference losses. I think the over under is still 15-3.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

If we stay healthy, I say we may lose 1 or 2 games in conference with a decent shot at running the tables. We had our best shooters miss all conference play. And didn't we lose Carl for a few also?

I think this year's team is going to he better. Maybe not make the final 4, just because there are so many variables there. But the Valley will get curb stomped by us, so long as we are not satisfied with 20 point leads.

It will require a unique philisophy, similar to wanting to punch girls in the face, but thats how its gonna have to be if we aspire to go undefeated in the Valley.

We need to start etching Wichita State into the places for the greatest teams in MVC history.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        The last four years have been the winningest in Shocker history, yet only one year did we have less than 4 conference losses. I think the over under is still 15-3.
                        Agree on 15-3 as the over-under, although sports books usually go in half-games to force an outcome, thus 15.5-2.5 or 14.5-3.5. The 15.5-2.5 is a tough one to predict, but I'm guessing over by the slimmest of margins.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I think a lot of the optimism surrounding league record can be accounted to the loss of Creighton, as much or more than the strength of team we think we have. That's 2 REALLY tough games replaced with 2 games.

Comment

Can we please just get out of the Valley? This league is one big trap game.
                            β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                              Can we please just get out of the Valley? This league is one big trap game.
                              I almost listed the Loyola games as 'trap games' in my post above, but trap games are usually against teams a little worse than I think Loyola is going to be this year, and before a big game, which don't really exist anymore. I like your description.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Bradley makes a huge leap in progress this year. Possibly even stalemating ISUb.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X