Who will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will it be?

Who is WSU's contender this year if the Valley? ISU red? Missouri State?

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
    The only thing ISU red is a contender for is playing on Thursday in St. Louis. ISU blue is clearly the most likely team to challenge WSU for the Valley.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

In the Valley? ISUb, the trees are the only team blocking the Shockers.

Comment

Evansville.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Sorry dup.
          Last edited by Zardoz; October 8, 2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Indiana State is the only team that can challenge us over 18 games. They are quite capable. Any team can get you on a given night if you're staring into the lights though.

#PlayAngry

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
              ISU Red? lol

Good one, man.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

ISU Red is the Miley Cyrus of the Valley. Everybody's talking about them, but only their fans are saying anything good.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Should start callin' 'em:

ISUbled
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I realize this will sound smug, but the answer to this question is OURSELVES. This team has the talent and experience necessary to roll the MVC. Yes, it will be the other MVC team's Superbowl when we show up in their town, we'll have the proverbial target on our back and we'll get their best shot but that is immaterial.

The only way the pressure starts to mount is if the boys get lackadaisical and get the mindset that our MVC brethren are just going to lay down for us. If we fail to show up and lose games we aren't supposed to, then I can see ISU blue making us pay. Otherwise, I'm hoping that CK brings it and the other new guys quickly assimilate to D1 ball and gel with the veterans quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Should start callin' 'em:

ISUbled
                      ISUded

Comment

As long as we Play Angry, this conference is ours by at least 3 games. 2nd place should be ISUb, but I could see scenarios of either UNI or BU getting it if things fall into place for either of those programs. I have a lot of respect for all three coaches and think that BU has the best talent, but ISUb has the experience.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

According to Greg Rosenstein of ESPN the rankings are WSU, In St, UNI, Bradley, MSU, Il St, SIU, EU, Loyola, and Drake

Comment

There's no way ISU finishes above 9th.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We had an amazing team last year that reached the final four, but there were some real low points during the regular season, so to think that we will just roll through everyone and go undefeated or even just 1 or 2 losses is not realistic in my opinion. I definitely think we win the league with 3 or 4 losses, but there will no doubt be head scratching losses -- as there are will nearly all teams every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X