Saw Big Dog (AC) At Lunch Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Big Dog (AC) At Lunch Today

I had lunch with a couple of buddies at Granite City west-side today and sat next to AC. He has lost some weight since I saw him last. When I shook his hand it was like grabbing a catchers mitt, his hand was so big. I graduated from South in '79, so we reminisced (briefly) about the great matchups with Ricky Ross (who he referenced as "butter head"). He was very cordial and seemed to enjoy the memory lane thing.

Awesome. Did he say what brought him to town by any chance?
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      Hopefully to give the latest Shocker team direction on how to "Play Angry" and mean it!
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The marketing department brought him in to help with this year's slogan.

My sources said they narrowed it down to, "Bark Angry", "Shock Angry" and "You call those goggles? Theeeese are goggles!". But after the joint meeting was over, they all agreed AC was a one-hit-wonder in the slogan biz.

Comment

Don't start no stuff if the Big Dog is in the house.

Comment

Maybe he was here trying to make sure his son got an offer from the Shox??

More likely he was here visiting his Mom.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Maybe he was here trying to make sure his son got an offer from the Shox??

More likely he was here visiting his Mom.
              I like the first conjecture but it is probably the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                He was dining with a female and didn't want to be one of those hang on fans that monopolized his time. He was very appreciative of our short conversation however.

Comment

One thinks of those great Shocker teams with great players such as Carr, Levingston, X, O-Jo, , Sherrod, Jackson, yet none of those teams quite reached the FF. Shows what a great coach 3G is... Awesome.

Comment

I think the NCAA had as much to do with as coaching. A Carr,Livingston,Jones,Mcdaniel,Dreiling,Sherrod team could have won it all. They did make the final eight.

Comment

Working...
                    X