Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top-25 non-conference games

WSU vs. Tennessee checks in at #21.

This is part of a serious of articles NBCSports is doing to preview the upcoming season. Here is a link to the schedule of articles. It's a good link to bookmark.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    WSU vs. Tennessee checks in at #21.

This is part of a serious of articles NBCSports is doing to preview the upcoming season. Here is a link to the schedule of articles. It's a good link to bookmark.
    Did they happen to have a list of their jocular articles as well? :tongue-new:

Comment

Maybe Royal was harking back to the old-time writer (Ring Lardner, maybe?) who used to refer to baseball's fall classic as the "World Serious?"

Comment

For the life of me I can't figure out what I mis-typed in my original post. I'm totally series.

Comment

The butt whoopin' of payback that Tennessee is going to receive is going to be AWESOME!!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            For the life of me I can't figure out what I mis-typed in my original post. I'm totally series.
            That manual dyslexia will get you every time, Royal.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
              Programming language manuals. That's shirley it.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                I believe the term for that is lexterity.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 30, 2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  The butt whoopin' of payback that Tennessee is going to receive is going to be AWESOME!!
                  they won't go quietly.. not with martin coaching them. 'one of the tougher coaches, along with marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                    they won't go quietly.. not with martin coaching them. 'one of the tougher coaches, along with marshall.
                    May be right, we'll see. Too early tell. But .....

Remember the really tough calls at the end of the game last year? Look at the comments section below the box score from last years game. These comments are a total crack up:

I don't see why Wichita St. fans are complaining about the refs? It was an even match up and the better team won, end of the story. GO BIG ORANGE!!!
                    Even match up. Uh huh. How'd that first round loss to a 7 seed in the NIT feel last year?

Shockers should have lost to vcu by all rights, them getting beat by the vols is not a surprise.
                    Uh huh. How could Shockers fans EVER expect that we were actually better than VCU and, for crying out loud, The Mighty SEC BCS Vols?

8 on 5 is a tough game to play on the road. Worst officiating I've seen in a while, blatently biased. Those zebras should have a restraining order against them keeping them 500 ft away from any basketball. And I love how FSN had a normal announcer and a hillbilly translator announcer to repeat everything for the vol fans.
                    "hillbilly translator" ... classic!

This Wichita State team doesn't hold a candle to the one they had last year. They're extremely overrated. They're good, but they weren't great like last year. Stutz was really good. Tennessee obviously has that "prestige" rating, but they are far from a quality team. Bad loss for Wichita.
                    Well .. that candle comment flamed out.

In response to someone complaining that 29 points of Tennessee's 69 points were from free throws (damn near half their points!):

It's all they have. They will be an 8 seed in the tourney, maybe squeak one out in the first round and then get blown out. Happens every year.
                    Well at least you nearly nailed the seed, Mr. Douchebag! Nice job!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                    X