Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking the top 50 college coaches- Bleacher Report

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dbgVG?u...ege-basketball HCGM at 26
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Altman ahead of Marshall? I think I've seen enough.

Comment

I got to Jamie Dixon, gagged, then chuckled, and just read HCGM's blurb...
      Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Evidently the clown who wrote this didn't pay any attention to the most recent heads-up coaching matchup between Shaka Smart and Marshall - in Shaka's house.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          Altman ahead of Marshall? I think I've seen enough.
          Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
          I got to Jamie Dixon, gagged, then chuckled, and just read HCGM's blurb...
          Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Evidently the clown who wrote this didn't pay any attention to the most recent heads-up coaching matchup between Shaka Smart and Marshall - in Shaka's house.
          Two words: Bleacher Report.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Nice to Tad Boyle checking in at 31 also.

Comment

Well, plenty of posters on here have disparaged Bleacher Report articles, so no surprise with this one. I thought it was interesting that Marshall, despite the handicap of having a terrible seed in his seven NCAA trips while at Winthrop, nevertheless has a better NCAA tournament record than Altman does -- going to the Final Four works wonders (and, conversely, going out the first weekend year after year can mess you up). Marshall's overall record is substantially better as well.

I also scanned down a little further and was surprised to see Lon Kruger ranked 30th. I see the names on the list, but it's hard to believe there are really 29 better college coaches than The Brow.

Comment

Didn't another BR "piece" a couple months ago list Marshall in the top 10?

They're trying hard to be like ESPN, aren't they?

Comment

I can't believe you guys search for this garbage and actually read it.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Don't know if you followed some of the hires that Bleacher Report made today, but they are seriously trying to rebrand themselves from this point forward.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Not sure if it is going to work, but Bleacher Report is evidently aware of their reputation in the sports world and are trying to fix it.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                        Don't know if you followed some of the hires that Bleacher Report made today, but they are seriously trying to rebrand themselves from this point forward.
                        That's like McDonalds trying to change to a steak house.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

At quick glance and recollection, HCGM is well above .500 against the coaches on this list that he has played (only while at WSU), and I believe a winning a record against those in the Top 10-15. But, as has already been pointed out, the validity of these rankings has been called into question.

Those first couple of years here at WSU really skewed his record - I can't wait to put several more 29+ win seasons on the books.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Yes, this list is total rubbish, but I still enjoyed it. Personally, and realistically, I'd like to have seen Marshall about 10 spots higher. Seeing Izzo above guys that have performed better in every quantifiable way was quite funny. And finally, I smiled a bit to not find Turgeon on the list (sorry, don't mean to be a hater).
                            "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                            -- Pele

Comment

Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                              Yes, this list is total rubbish, but I still enjoyed it. Personally, and realistically, I'd like to have seen Marshall about 10 spots higher. Seeing Izzo above guys that have performed better in every quantifiable way was quite funny. And finally, I smiled a bit to not find Turgeon on the list (sorry, don't mean to be a hater).
                              Izzo is a great coach and there are not many better than him, but being #3 behind Pitino and Coach K would have made a whole lot more sense.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                              X