Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Shocks deserve to be in this conversation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Shocks deserve to be in this conversation?

No.

Not YET!!

Comment

Last time we were named as having one of the best backcourts in the country was 2006-2007........hoping to not repeat that this season
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

If we have a good year this year, then we should be on the conversation next year. Our backcourt will still be under the radar.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Not this year. Certainly we have the potential talent, just need the experience to go along with it.

Comment

well, of course they do belong in that conversation.

Comment

We should be just on the outside of said discussion at the moment. WE all know what we have in Baker and FVV, but FVV wasn't a starter and Ron missed essentially the entire season. If they're not being talked about as one of the best backcourts in the country next year we should either be pissed or concerned by what happened this year.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If your backcourt is anchored by 2 Sophs, who weren't starters as Fr, you're not going to be in this conversation. The Shox back court got a fair amount of recognition in the NCAA's. We had 2 of the better Fr back court players in the tourney. Until they've got a solid season of consistency and stats to back up some great late-season games, they're not going to be in these conversations.

It's legitimate to ask the question. When it's legitimate to ask the question and the heart of the back court is 3 Soph's and a Jr - then it's time to check out my signture line.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

We are under the radar, which is exactly where we want to be:

FVV, Baker, Wessell, Cotton...
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Why do we want to be under the radar?
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      Why do we want to be under the radar?
                      It worked for us last year. Why not again? Last year in the tourney, the other teams got all the love, and we got the wins (in the tourney). Watching the Pitt players cry after their butt whooping was pretty sweet. Watching the stunned faces of the Gonzaga and Ohio State players, fans, and coaches was much more rewarding to me than reading about our team during the season; especially if we fall short like the season before...

Feeds the #PLAYANGRY monster much better than loading the team up with accolades before the tourney.. just my opinion...
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

We weren't as "under the radar" as you make it sound. At some point this program has to grow to where under the radar is an insult. Accolades have nothing to do with Playing Angry. That is a state of mind.

And there's nothing under the radar about this team anyway. They're coming off of a damn Final Four and will be a Top 25 team. Accept that under the radar is a thing of the past and something we should never hope for again. I'd rather get everyones best shot and still kick their ass.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I want to see how they perform without MA before declaring them the best backcourt. I know they have the talent, though.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            We weren't as "under the radar" as you make it sound. At some point this program has to grow to where under the radar is an insult. Accolades have nothing to do with Playing Angry. That is a state of mind.

And there's nothing under the radar about this team anyway. They're coming off of a damn Final Four and will be a Top 25 team. Accept that under the radar is a thing of the past and something we should never hope for again. I'd rather get everyones best shot and still kick their ass.
                            As I read the article on WU in The Sporting News annual BB issue the last sentence was I paraphrase Wichita State has now established themselves as on of basketballs elite programs. This made me proud
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                            X