Doug Elgin Considering MVC Competition Overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Elgin Considering MVC Competition Overhaul

Undisclosed sources have reported that Doug Elgin is beginning to champion a cutting edge sports experiment; and may appeal to the NCAA for a single season, conference-wide, Men's Basketball experiment to be modeled after this soccer association:

In an extreme effort to stamp out unfriendly competition, a youth soccer group in Midlake, Ontario, is eliminating soccer balls from their games and forcing kids to pretend they’re kicking a ball around.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

No one in this conference has the athletes to keep up with our team. FVV will be imaginary alley-ooping to Coleby. Early is going to single handedly stuff a Drake player's imaginary ball and then run the length of the court taking off from the three point line for an imaginary 360 dunk. That is what I will find solace in when every team finishes 0-0-18 with every game's final score at 0-0.

Comment

Well Doug Elgin will see to it that every team will have an 18-0-0 record, but I get your point.

$5 says that FVV can juke a guy's pants off even with an imaginary ball.

Comment

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

That's the one scenario where I can actually see you all winning Arch Madness. I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            $5 says that FVV can juke a guy's pants off even with an imaginary ball.
            Personally, I prefer seeing FVV juke a guy's imaginary pants off with a real ball.

Comment

KW, you have WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Personally, I prefer seeing FVV juke a guy's imaginary pants off with a real ball.
                I don't think "imaginary pants" quite measure up to NCAA dress code.
                Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

FVV can tie a defender's shoelaces together with one hand whle dribbling with the other.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Undisclosed sources have reported that Doug Elgin is beginning to champion a cutting edge sports experiment; and may appeal to the NCAA for a single season, conference-wide, Men's Basketball experiment to be modeled after this soccer association:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...gue-eliminate/
                    Well why not - the MVC has already implemented "Fuzzy Math" where 1.9 seconds is actually 4 seconds in real time.

Comment

Saw tweet below tonight. Elgin really mixes and drinks the MVC Kool-Aid. I don't really think ANY team in the Valley can play on the biggest stage.

@KirkWessler: Elgin said Wichita State's Final Four run proves "any team in our conference can plan on college basketball's biggest stage." #MVC

Comment

Originally posted by shockingwheat View Post
                        Saw tweet below tonight. Elgin really mixes and drinks the MVC Kool-Aid. I don't really think ANY team in the Valley can play on the biggest stage.

@KirkWessler: Elgin said Wichita State's Final Four run proves "any team in our conference can plan on college basketball's biggest stage." #MVC
                        That was truly stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by shockingwheat View Post

He has no vision for improving the conference so all he can do is play ambassador and field leveler to keep the majority of the current members from griping.

Comment

Everybody gets a participation ribbon.

Comment

He's right. Any team in the Missouri Valley can play on the biggest stage. All they've got to do is be willing to pay their coach $2 mill a year, provide chartered jets for recruiting trips, fly charter to away games, maintain modern, state-of-the-art facilities, have a sold out home crowd every night with huge donations for the good seats, and decent donations for a ticket to about every seat.

No problem. Oh, and they have to be able to hire a coach who can get them there.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X