Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

very dumb question...sorry in advance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very dumb question...sorry in advance...

...is there a link here of pictures of current Shockers?

Here is a link to the roster page at goshockers. The current freshmen are not yet listed:

Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

The roster on goshockers.com has pictures of the team. It is missing the incoming players.

Comment

If you can look through the list of the returning players and it doesn't raise you heart rate just a bit, you're probably either dead or a fan of another school. Wait, I think fans of other schools would also have their heart rates increase a bit, but for different reasons.

Ron Baker, Tekele Cotton, Cleanthony Early, Fred VanVleet, Evan Wessel, Nick Wiggins. That's 5 players with decent experience in getting a F4 banner to hang from the rafters. And one starter who was still injured during the NCAA's. It seems we're returning 6 of the top 9 players from a F4 team. And we have 4 of those 6 back the year after this one.

Throw in that we've got a coach who everybody thought was facing a rebuilding year - and then he took that rebuilding year to a F4. This is a season to get both our and our opponents' heart's racing.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

thank you very much!

Comment

Ron Baker should be on the cover of Tigerbeat
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              Ron Baker should be on the cover of Tigerbeat
              My 18 year old niece routinely says, "I met Ron Baker at an Orange Julius before he was famous."
              Livin the dream

Comment

Baker has a story line that could get some attention next year. Lightly recruited kid from a small town who was injured most of the year.

Then he came off of the injury and, as a Fr with only a few D1 games under his belt, was a major player in the 23-point 9-possession run against the #1 team in the nation (Gonzaga). Then he followed that up with impressive performances against any other team he faced in the NCAA's.

Baker attracted major national attention. The media was surprised that an unknown Fr who had missed most of the year was able to handle some of the top players in the nation when he faced them. There's going to be a lot of media watching Baker this year. If he's up to handling the pressure and attention and can continue to develop, he's likely to get attention at the next level.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Baker has a story line that could get some attention next year. Lightly recruited kid from a small town who was injured most of the year.

Then he came off of the injury and, as a Fr with only a few D1 games under his belt, was a major player in the 23-point 9-possession run against the #1 team in the nation (Gonzaga). Then he followed that up with impressive performances against any other team he faced in the NCAA's.

Baker attracted major national attention. The media was surprised that an unknown Fr who had missed most of the year was able to handle some of the top players in the nation when he faced them. There's going to be a lot of media watching Baker this year. If he's up to handling the pressure and attention and can continue to develop, he's likely to get attention at the next level.
                  I would hope, too, that in addition to the national media, the people in Western Kansas would take note and demand that their radio outlets broadcast all Shocker games.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                  X