Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU Loses Another Player

Barry Hinson CANNOT catch a break.

Josh Swan had "career-ending" knee surgery.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

I think Barry will bring the Salukis back but the basketball gods seem intent on making a very difficult job even tougher.

Hopefully, Josh will finish up his degree and find success in life.

Comment

That sucks. I'm really Barry to turn things around.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

What are the rules on scholarships for players with career ending injuries. Does SIU have an obligation to keep him on scholarship through the year? Does SIU pay for the medical bills if it happened during a practice?

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          What are the rules on scholarships for players with career ending injuries. Does SIU have an obligation to keep him on scholarship through the year? Does SIU pay for the medical bills if it happened during a practice?
          If it's a career ending injury than the player keeps a scholarship but doesn't count towards the 13 limit for the team. We did this with Zach Green during the Turgeon years. He was a big kid from OK that looked pretty good but knees wouldn't let him play and he had to give it up. He still got his degree here and had aid to do so.

Hinson definitely isn't having much luck. With this extra 'ship, he needs to find a big man to add to the next class. If he signs another guard, they should run him off. I love Barry, but the only "big" they'll return next year is an undersized PF in Bola. If there's another post player on the roster he's smaller than Bola.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            If it's a career ending injury than the player keeps a scholarship but doesn't count towards the 13 limit for the team. We did this with Zach Green during the Turgeon years. He was a big kid from OK that looked pretty good but knees wouldn't let him play and he had to give it up. He still got his degree here and had aid to do so.

Hinson definitely isn't having much luck. With this extra 'ship, he needs to find a big man to add to the next class. If he signs another guard, they should run him off. I love Barry, but the only "big" they'll return next year is an undersized PF in Bola. If there's another post player on the roster he's smaller than Bola.
            Their biggest incoming recruit is listed as a 6'7'' small forward on ESPN. As small as they were last year and bringing in 7 new players, he should have already recruited another big.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
              Their biggest incoming recruit is listed as a 6'7'' small forward on ESPN. As small as they were last year and bringing in 7 new players, he should have already recruited another big.
              I agree. I understand that guards run this league and wanting to upgrade there, but how he didn't bring in a single big surprised the hell out of me. I know SIU has had some academic issues because of Lowery and perhaps that comes into play on some level, but surely there was a decent enough big or two that wouldn't hurt them in the APR.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Looks like MSU is getting Keith Pickens back:

Missouri State men’s basketball player Keith Pickens is returning to the team. He quit the sport after last season due to chronic knee pain. After a few months off, Pickens will play for the Bears. He started 19 games last season, averaging 6.1 points
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 8, 2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I think you mean MSU, '72?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    I think you mean MSU, '72?
                    Of course. Thanks. Corrected.

Comment

Working...
                    X