Shocker Game Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Since you like constantly bringing it up, how come you only want to give Sexton credit for the good things but never the bad? Was it Sexton's fault for our crap PR department 3 years ago? Or crappy game productions 2 years ago? Or the current version of Shockervision?

So typical.
    Funny, I could say the same, but opposite about you and many other Sexton detractors. Folks like you blamed most, if not all, of the AD's problems on Sexton, but still don't give him any credit for the good things. That is typical. RDR deserves mention for giving Sexton credit for the Butler hire (over Hooper.)

Your view is so jaded. In most of my posts on the subject, I objected to what I saw was unfair criticism and comparisons to Schaus that were a bit revisionist about Schaus' tenure. I didn't let Sexton off the hook for some of the short comings, but that nuance is probably a bit complicated for you to sort through.

I think it is best to look forward and the Athletic Dept seems it continues to improve. I hope you come along for the ride and leave the negative nelly crap in the past were it belongs.

Comment

LOL, the only time you've "admitted" any of Sexton's shortcomings is when you've been held at gunpoint. You're wayyy more extreme with your pro-Sexton stance, as evident by a weird Sexton sidetrack post in this thread, than me being negative about him.

You have a sick obsession, ABC. Congrats for derailing another thread.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Didn't the WSU Athletic Department get some award or something for their PR and social media presence?

It seems that bringing up some perceived PR problem that may have existed 3 years ago, when the current PR is getting awards, is less than a brilliant criticism of the Athletic Department.

If we're still in the evaluation phase for Sexton, I'm not giving him a pass for hiring Butler. Butler is going to have to show me he was the right choice for the job, because I don't see that in his credentials. Then Butler hired a pretty raw assistant, who I really didn't care for when I saw him as a plyer. I remember the fake "it hit me" tirade.

Shockervision has been bad, but there's a new HD scorebord being installed. ShockerVision has always been a feed off the scoreboard production. You might want to hold off on criticism of ShockerVision until you see if ShockerVision gets (and transmits) the same HD video feed that goes to the scoreboard.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Didn't the WSU Athletic Department get some award or something for their PR and social media presence?

It seems that bringing up some perceived PR problem that may have existed 3 years ago, when the current PR is getting awards, is less than a brilliant criticism of the Athletic Department.

If we're still in the evaluation phase for Sexton, I'm not giving him a pass for hiring Butler. Butler is going to have to show me he was the right choice for the job, because I don't see that in his credentials. Then Butler hired a pretty raw assistant, who I really didn't care for when I saw him as a plyer. I remember the fake "it hit me" tirade.

Shockervision has been bad, but there's a new HD scorebord being installed. ShockerVision has always been a feed off the scoreboard production. You might want to hold off on criticism of ShockerVision until you see if ShockerVision gets (and transmits) the same HD video feed that goes to the scoreboard.
          The only issue in this thread is a person completely derailing a good, positive thread, that I've already positively contributed on, just to fill a weird agenda and send it into off-topic negativity. My points were and still are legit. If you want to divulge into this further, then start another topic on it.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This video was commissioned by the admissions department. It has nothing to do with the AD or Eric Sexton.

If you guys want to derail a thread with a back and forth, same arguments over-and-over for the past 4 years about Eric Sexton, please create a new thread.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

That would be in the off topic thread right?

Comment

It's a great video. I would be interested to see if there is any data or follow up see what newly admitted students think of the video. Seems like they should email to prospective students too.

Kai, since the entire video is about a WSU athletic event, I doubt it is true that "Sexton or the AD had nothing to do with it."

Comment

Working...
                X