Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toughest Head Coaches to Recruit Against - WSU not considered midmajor anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toughest Head Coaches to Recruit Against - WSU not considered midmajor anymore?

Visit ESPN to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, scores, highlights and commentary for AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket, Football and more.

20. Gregg Marshall, Wichita State Shockers
    Pastner, Smart and Marshall are the only ones outside of the power leagues who made the cut. Marshall has the work ethic, can evaluate and now has a Final Four appearance to sell. That’s enough to make fellow coaches nervous when he walks in the gym.

To note, if you can't view the article, the top 20 are all bcs conference coaches except for 3. Then below the Top 20, they break out the top mid major coaches.

Have we finally turned enough heads about our program that they know what we all knew... that we've elevated past midmajor in the past few years.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Pastner is a great recruiter but I think widely considered an underachieving coach. But I guess they do win conference titles so it depends on what you consider success.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff...**/post?id=547

20. Gregg Marshall, Wichita State Shockers
      Pastner, Smart and Marshall are the only ones outside of the power leagues who made the cut. Marshall has the work ethic, can evaluate and now has a Final Four appearance to sell. That’s enough to make fellow coaches nervous when he walks in the gym.

To note, if you can't view the article, the top 20 are all bcs conference coaches except for 3. Then below the Top 20, they break out the top mid major coaches.

Have we finally turned enough heads about our program that they know what we all knew... that we've elevated past midmajor in the past few years.
      They did the same when they ranked Jans as a top assistant. It's about time!
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

only thing midmajor about wsu is the conference we are in, we may not be on the level of the blue bloods just yet, but with a little more time and effort we can be damn close.
        Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Recruiting is so difficult. Especially at this level. Or so I've heard. Glad Marshall is succeeding and being recognized among his peers at this level.

Comment

I don;'t have access, but where was Turge ranked. He must be up there since he's at a new level and has the resources he could need.

Comment

That’s enough to make fellow coaches nervous when he walks in the gym.
              The problem recruiting against Marshall is - try to find a gym he's not in! Go ahead, try.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

In addition to Marshall and Jans...they will fear the Forbes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                  only thing midmajor about wsu is the conference we are in, we may not be on the level of the blue bloods just yet, but with a little more time and effort we can be damn close.
                  Completely agree. Unfortunately, like in real life as well as BB, you are often known for the company you keep.

Comment

Working...
                  X