Ben Smith to play in London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Smith to play in London

Looks like Ben signed a contract to play in London. Don't have any other details, sorry. Happy for him, he was one of my favorite players during his time.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

I just saw this on Facebook as well.

He posted "God has truly blessed me. I get to play in London! I get to play ball again! I just want to give God the glory and praise! Thank you Jesus!"

Just wanted to confirm. Congratulations to Ben.

Great news! Loving the Marshall era.

Comment

Ben is the player that often gets overlooked from the 10-11 and 11-12 teams. Folks always focus on Murry, Stutz and Ragland. Then people look at Durley and possibly Kyles, but Smith was an exceptional defender at the SF and PF position and a capable scorer and rebounder at 6-4.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Ben did a great job shutting Dougie down or at least making him work for a limited output.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Ben and Tekele. Those would have been some serious bookend guards. LMAO
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Ben was the guy, much like his predecessor Graham Hatch, who would steal offensive rebounds, coming out of nowhere. Quite often, he grab a board, and I'd think "where did he come from?" Good dude as well. You always like to see good things happen to good people. Ben certainly deserves the best!
            78-65

Comment

Ben was never flashy, but he got the job done, and appears to be still getting the job done. Good for him. He also was one of my faves.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

My favorite game of Ben was when he played a huge role (along with Rags and our whole team) in the big 21 point surpass versus Creighton in Omaha. Their fans were anticipating a big victory and Ben's performance helped lead us to a big road win.

Ben was still another Shocker Juco player that learned the ropes as a Junior and really played a solid and improved Senior season. After reading his comments about his new venture, reminds us of just how classy and real our Shocker players are both now and and after they graduate. I wish Ben Smith the very best and truly appreciate the words he shared. It is not everyday we see such integrity and humility in the world of sports in this day and age. When Ben is feeling his shot, watch out because he gets on a roll. Better yet, he is on The Eternal Roll that matters the most.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Congrats! Ben Smith is the man!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Ben is the player that often gets overlooked from the 10-11 and 11-12 teams. Folks always focus on Murry, Stutz and Ragland. Then people look at Durley and possibly Kyles, but Smith was an exceptional defender at the SF and PF position and a capable scorer and rebounder at 6-4.
                    Plus he is a very fine person.

Yes, just a damn good all around player. Señora Rio and I loved him.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Echoing @Ricardo del Rio:, Ben is a fantastic young man. Respectful and polite, always greeting you with a firm handshake and looked you in the eye. Little things I know, but often absent from youth. Pleasant and courteous, and always gracious with his time, to me at least.

I hope he gets every opportunity. Great young men like Ben deserve it. Good luck sir!

Comment

Good Luck, Ben. Hope your earn the nickname "Big Ben", then we know you have had great success.

Comment

Ben Smith, Big Ben, London. So freaking awesome.
                          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

England is a perfect country for Ben.

London is a perfect city for Ben.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Way to go, Ben. Don't know about the BB, but it sure in the hell beats countries like Turkey and Korea. Enjoy England. The country's beautiful, the people are great, and they do often times manage to speak a form of the English language.

Comment

Working...
                              X