Katz blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katz blog

Earlier this morning Andy Katz posted on his blog some info on Wichita State. http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...rom-joel-berry What I found most interesting is that Marshall has had to dial down practices because the players are practicing too hard. It is going to be very interesting watching the Shockers get every teams best shot every night. Expectations have changed and it looks like the players are embracing the opportunity.
    Professional gas passer.

I'd rather they practice too hard than not hard enough.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You've got to stop posting this stuff....damn man! The season is still soooooo far away! LOL I'm jonesing for some Shocker hoops!

Comment

Help me out. In the overall scheme of things, is it really significant that we play the two teams both on the road this year and then both of them play us in Wichita next year?

Probably would have been better to have split them, but we did get two more Away and Home series.

Comment

It's amazing what a little Final Four run will do to a player's motivation. The players that went are addicted from the taste they got. The players that didn't get to go are jealous.
          MTXA = Mental Toughness Xtra Angry!!

>>> http://www.wheatshockers.com <<<

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I'd rather they practice too hard than not hard enough.
            Absolutely. As long as they don't injure one another!
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
              Help me out. In the overall scheme of things, is it really significant that we play the two teams both on the road this year and then both of them play us in Wichita next year?

Probably would have been better to have split them, but we did get two more Away and Home series.
              Quality road wins look better to the selection committee than home wins. High risk, high reward.

Comment

Also, I'm willing to bet that Bama and St Louis like their chances I. Wichita a LOT better w/o Cle.
                Livin the dream

Comment

yea but they are going to have to deal with Darius Carter and Zach Brown none the less...

Comment

Originally posted by AngryWheat=FTW= View Post
                    It's amazing what a little Final Four run will do to a player's motivation. The players that went are addicted from the taste they got. The players that didn't get to go are jealous.
                    Success breeds success. Some people will try to convince you that it's not fair. Don't believe them. These guys, from what I've seen so far, have more "want" than last year's team, and that's saying something.

Comment

I remember a post from WuDrWu bout Baker when it was late in the season and he was still on the DL.

"He'll be back and he's pi$$ed". He certainly was and I bet he's still in the same frame of mind. Okay, now imagine Wessel's attitude. I don't think Wessel is less driven or motivated or has less of a work ethic than Baker. Then there's Cotton the silent, unspoken, often overlooked guy who sees competition for PT from Baker and Wessel. I'll bet that he's going at it pretty hard. Throw Wiggins into the mix. I bet Wiggins sees the light - go all out or become an observer instead of a player.

Then there's VanVleet. I think his motor is always revved, his transmission is always in overdrive, and his intensity meter is always pegged.

Coleby has seen all this for a year. I suspect he's ready to be a part of it and wants "it" REAL bad. He just might be going at it pretty hard. The other obvious front court guy is Early. I bet every new player on the team has watched the Shox NCAA games more than a few times. I bet they've seen the press clippings, AA talk, and NBA draft talk. Do you think Carter and Morris might be going at it pretty hard?

Then there's Green (knows what's going on), Bowles (I'm the backup for THAT GUY - if I can earn it) and Holland (WTF have I run into?)

Winning breeds winning. Work ethic breeds work ethic. Driven players breed more driven players. I can see where this group might be getting a bit intense and Marshall might want to dial it back a bit after all the practice injuries last year.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                        Absolutely. As long as they don't injure one another!
                        Exactly, madman -- we want them working HARD, but not damaging each other. It's nice to have guys like Baker, Wessel, and Hall available all year. It's one thing to get hurt in a game -- that really can't be avoided, unless you're playing your starters up 30 with five minutes to go. But it's important to find a way not to "solve" your depth problem by wiping each other out when it doesn't even count.

Comment

Today on Katz's podcast they interviewed Doug McD.... He had great things to say about Koch Arena, Early, VanVleet, and Baker. He thinks WSU will make a deep run again.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                            Today on Katz's podcast they interviewed Doug McD.... He had great things to say about Koch Arena, Early, VanVleet, and Baker. He thinks WSU will make a deep run again.
                            if things go right, maybe wsu and cu will meet in the ncaa tournament (i've upgraded cu since that troll was granted an extra year.. 'can't remember his name though).

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                              if things go right, maybe wsu and cu will meet in the ncaa tournament (i've upgraded cu since that troll was granted an extra year.. 'can't remember his name though).
                              We'd have to meet in one of the first two games.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                              X