Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trees to honor Larry Bird

In the fast lane

Better late than never I guess, but this is kinda pushing the envelope for Larry Legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
      Better late than never I guess, but this is kinda pushing the envelope for Larry Legend.
      I hope he doesn't pull a Coach Parcells and send his wife to accept the award.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
        While an award is analogous, Legend is getting a statue.

Comment

He was alright.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

sending your wife is a slap in the face, and I lost a little respect for the man

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              I was sort of thinking the same thing. I wonder if Larry will even show-up?
              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                He was alright.
                I agree (tongue buried firmly in cheek). Larry Bird may have been "The most FAMOUS basketball player ever from Indiana", but he wasn't the BEST player ever from the state of Indiana. Larry Bird was no John Wooden.

But seriously. It's long past time. LB deserves it.
                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Indiana State has nothing outside of Larry Bird. He should not only have a statue outside of the arena, but it should be the size of the Statue of Liberty, the arena should be named after him, the court should be named after him ... and if you could rename the University, that might not be a bad idea either.

Larry Bird's Indiana State University presents the new Larry Bird Court at Larry Bird Arena.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

John Wooden is a decent namesake for the court.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      John Wooden is a decent namesake for the court.
                      I think it's a reach naming a court after a coach that was only there for three seasons, even if it is John Wooden. At least it was his first HC gig, though. If Indiana State was his second stop, it'd be ridiculous.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                      X