Bryan Mullins back in the MVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Mullins back in the MVC

Porter Moser just hired him at Loyola to be their DOBO. I could see Mullins becoming a solid coach down the road.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

I don't think it's a coincidence that C-Lo got exposed after Bryan Mullins left SIU.

He is one of the best PG's I've seen in this league over the last 10 years and I wouldn't expect his coaching career to be any different.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

As I told Loyola fans, Mullins was the guy you hated because he wasn't on your team. Hard nosed and did things you didn't expect from him. I'd have gladly taken him on our teams. He was a tough SOB. That bulldog mentality works well for coaching.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Gee, when I saw the title of this thread I thought at first that someone had found him some more eligibility. He seemed like he was around for six or seven years as it was, kind of like a PG version of Nate Funk.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          Gee, when I saw the title of this thread I thought at first that someone had found him some more eligibility. He seemed like he was around for six or seven years as it was, kind of like a PG version of Nate Funk.
          I agree with every word of this post.

I thought that Nate Funk would never run out of eligibility. The Shockers never found a way to stop Funk's spin move in the paint.

With respect to Mullins, I kept asking myself a question, "Why is this white, unathletic point guard beating us over the head so often?"
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            The Shockers never found a way to stop Funk's spin move in the paint.

If, by "spin move in the paint" you mean, "run into people with his shoulder," I agree completely.
            There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey Korchek View Post
              If, by "spin move in the paint" you mean, "run into people with his shoulder," I agree completely.
              I believe the term is "Charging Bull".
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Funk would jump into a defender who was backing up, and get the foul called because the defender was moving when contact was made. It didn't matter that the defender was moving to avoid contact.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Funk would jump into a defender who was backing up, and get the foul called because the defender was moving when contact was made. It didn't matter that the defender was moving to avoid contact.
                  Should Nate Funk and Jake White ever come in contact it would be like matter colliding with anti-matter. The Universe might implode.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Should Nate Funk and Jake White ever come in contact it would be like matter colliding with anti-matter. The Universe might implode.
                    I saw that episode on the Big Bang Theory.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      I saw that episode on the Big Bang Theory.
                      Do I stay? Do I leave? Do I wait to greet them with a refreshing beverage?
                      78-65

Comment

Working...
                      X