No announcement yet.

The next Wichita State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't think Creighton will be the next Wichita State. Let me add KSU to that list.

Let me make a prediction. WSU makes a F4 again before KSU makes an E8. I think S16 would be a safe bet.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

As far as the new Big East goes, plenty wanted WSU included. They aren't what they think they are. But the MVC has issues. Why would people want us to bolt for the big East otherwise?
      Who is the next WSU? I contend its WSU
      Phi Alpha

Comment

And the great publicity just keeps pouring in.

Obviously, others, other than us are starting to believe.

Comment

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Rank "Mid-major Sleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
            VCU with a big lead in the popularity contest (ie. online poll), as it's been on their board since yesterday.

Comment

Personally not a real big fan of us being on a "sleeper" poll, especially one that's half-filled with low-majors.

We're a F4 team that proved we belonged. We return a good chunk of that team. In what alternate reality are we a "sleeper?"

Further, I'd ask basically the same thing about VCU or SLU.

Comment

We may be a "sleeper", but I noticed that Creighton was not on the list.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  We may be a "sleeper", but I noticed that Creighton was not on the list.
                  Silly Aargh -- Creighton's not a mid-major any more; they're part of the glorious Big East. Of course, never having made it past the first weekend might disqualify them regardless.

Meanwhile, as others have noted, WSU isn't a sleeper any more, either: no fluke last year, possibly more talented this year, and damn sure not satisfied with coming up a couple of possessions short of playing for the Big One. Jason King may be our ambassador at ESPN, but it's still ESPN, and still in Bristol CT.

Comment

Working...
                  X