Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next Wichita State?

Saw this, pretty cool http://es.pn/168Rj7C
    I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

good article although im surprised that Jason King doesnt know that Earl Watson is probably not coming
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
      good article although im surprised that Jason King doesnt know that Earl Watson is probably not coming
      If you follow Earl on twitter. If my memory is correct i thought i read that he
      still plans on coming here in August

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
        If you follow Earl on twitter. If my memory is correct i thought i read that he
        still plans on coming here in August
        Until I hear that he graduated and/or passed whatever classes he needed I'm not counting on it.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

"I’m not predicting that any of these programs will pull a Wichita State and make the Final Four, but here are some schools from non-power conferences that could make some noise in March."

So, Butler being listed in this group means.....the Big East is not a power conference? Butler (and CU) is a mid major team in a power conference? Butler has the best chance from the Big East to reach the F4? It would be a surprise if any team from the Big East make the F4?

Boise St., in King's words, "played in the Mountain West, easily one of the nation’s toughest conferences" which, as a conference, had the highest RPI rank of any conferences, I believe, yet isn't a power conference in basketball? Are they favored in this non-power conference of the MWC to win it? If San Diego St or UNLV makes the F4, it will be a bigger surprise?

Gonzaga, who hasn't been to a F4, St. Mary's, or BYU are not expected to make any noise in March?

I'm getting real tired of writers using a conference's football status as a status for basketball. As no team from the AAC is listed, I assume they are considered a power conference in football...cough, cough, choke, choke?

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
            Regardless of whether Watson shows up or not, I think we all know that Darius Carter will play a bigger role. I'm not sure why king keeps ignoring him.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Jason King is a WSU homer....

how cool is that???

Even better: VCU and Butler are candidates for being the next WSU.. how times have changed.

Our challenge staying on top where Jason has us.

GO SHOX!!
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                Regardless of whether Watson shows up or not, I think we all know that Darius Carter will play a bigger role. I'm not sure why king keeps ignoring him.
                And if the reports about Shaq ring true, there's yet another big that will have an impact on this squad and its success. 3G has always maintained good depth on his teams but the quality of depth has never been better IMHO.

Comment

Awesome.

Love King's work.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

nice twist.

"who is the next wichita state? well, wichita state, probably."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      "I’m not predicting that any of these programs will pull a Wichita State and make the Final Four, but here are some schools from non-power conferences that could make some noise in March."

So, Butler being listed in this group means.....the Big East is not a power conference? Butler (and CU) is a mid major team in a power conference? Butler has the best chance from the Big East to reach the F4? It would be a surprise if any team from the Big East make the F4?
                      LOL! King has actually amended the article and removed Butler from the list, and added his previous Butler text as a footnote along with further related comments.

The concept in some circles that the new BE members are suddenly high-major programs is the hilarity of the off-season to me. The Fighting Catholic Sweater Vests in Bugaha need to concentrate on getting past the first weekend of the tournament to start with.
                      Last edited by SHOCKvalue; July 24, 2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Spot on Ricky. Creighton is not and will never be looked upon as a major. That conference, in general, is pretty freaking weak. It'll be especially weak after next year. The old Big East was carried by Louisville, Syracuse, Connecticut, etc. These are the leftovers and it greatly amuses me how Creighton fans think their "big time". Just wait til next year.. They got a lucky break with Gibbs coming back.

Didn't wanna start a new topic, so I'll post this here:

Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
                          The concept in some circles that the new BE members are suddenly high-major programs is the hilarity of the off-season to me. The Fighting Catholic Sweater Vests in Bugaha need to concentrate on getting past the first weekend of the tournament to start with.
                          The Big Priest Conference...
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I don't know if I'd call the Big East weak, but they're not near as strong as they think they are. Georgetown and Marquette are pretty solid programs that will normally be ranked. Those are the two that will carry the conference now. You're not wrong about them losing a lot in UConn, 'Cuse and L'ville. Xavier and Butler should stay pretty solid and be just behind the first group as a whole, and then you have Creighton, 'Nova and St. John's as the next group. Those three will have their moments, but on the whole, below the first four. DePaul, Providence and Seton Hall are not good and probably won't be.

This conference will probably be in the 6-8 range in conference RPI most years and get 3 or 4 teams in the Dance. They are not the B1G, MWC, ACC, SEC or XII. We'll see if the extra money they're getting from Fox can change any of that.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Isn't it Coleby? No one caught that... #norespect

Comment

Working...
                              X