Kadeem Coleby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
    I completely disagree with that. Armstrong was a fifth year senior and Cotton was a sophomore. And size does not make them the same player. Armstead is the better on-ball defender, Cotton is the better off-ball defender ... or maybe even Armstead is better at stealing the ball and Cotton is better at just completely shutting somebody down. Armstead was great at making his own shot as the point guard, but Cotton was a far more efficient offensive player ... 44% overall compared to Armstead's 39.4%, 36.4% from 3 compared to Armstead's 34.5%.

Armstead was the better player last year, but Cotton isn't a poor man's anyone. I would be very surprised if his senior year isn't better statistically than Armstead's was. And I wouldn't be shocked if his junior year is better.

As for being a similar size, Cotton is two inches taller. That's a pretty big deal in basketball.
    Warren Armstrong

Comment

Annnnd... Boom goes the dynamite
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
          ... giggle ...
          Which Armstrong are y'all talking about?

r
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Did you mean President Armstrong or Jabali Armstrong, Ricky -- or Malcolm "Armstead" Armstrong?

Comment

Neil? Lance? Louis? Stretch?
              "If you strive for perfection, often times you can achieve excellence." --Gregg Marshall

Comment

“You just throw it up there and he’s right there dunking it,” WSU forward Cleanthony Early said.

As I sit here and look at the package of Oreo cookies on the counter, I can't help but wonder if Cle was talking about basketball or Oreos.

You're welcome for this helpful and relevant contribution to the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                  Warren Armstrong
                  Ouch!!!

Definitely thought he was just misspelling Armstead's name. I'm retarded.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    I don't wish to speak in hyperbole here. They have a similar size and skill set, and while Cotton is very good, he has not shown anywhere near the talent tlevel of Armstrong.
                    If you never saw Warren Armstrong play...He was a shutdown guard in the days when there was no hand checking allowed.
                    He may have been the best dunker I have ever seen play at 21st and Hillside.
                    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                    which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerKhan View Post
                      If you never saw Warren Armstrong play..
                      He may have been the best dunker I have ever seen play at 21st and Hillside.
                      Can't argue with that , but in my case I would just leave off the " at 21st + Hillside " part ..........

War # 52 in the Rafters ......

Comment

Can someone help me with some of the glowing reviews of Coleby?

In his one season of Division 1 basketball as a "lower" Division 1 level, his states were not overwhelming.

Comment

If you are looking for Div. I statistical data (beyond Louisiana Tech stats) to confirm that Coleby is a talented player, you won't find them. What I've heard are glowing reports from HCGM, Mike Kennedy, and assistant coaches that Coleby's physical (6'9 / 250 with long arms)and athletic (can jump high and quick) potential is off the charts. Additionally, he was highly recruited out of high school. I just hope that they're right.

Comment

He still had what I would call "solid" numbers in his first year of DI play. I have no idea what kind of coach they have at La-Laf or what style they play as those could have had an impact on those numbers as well. I don't think anybody is expecting him to average a double/double, but if he can average 9+ ppg and 5+ rpg and be a factor on D, then we're good to go.

If he manages to go for 12 and 6 then we're going to be even better, but I think we're pretty damn good as is.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If y'all are talking about Warren Armstrong and Tekele Cotton, then I have a comment.

Tekele Cotton is a fine player, but he is no Warren Armstrong. Not even close.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                If you are looking for Div. I statistical data (beyond Louisiana Tech stats) to confirm that Coleby is a talented player, you won't find them. What I've heard are glowing reports from HCGM, Mike Kennedy, and assistant coaches that Coleby's physical (6'9 / 250 with long arms)and athletic (can jump high and quick) potential is off the charts. Additionally, he was highly recruited out of high school. I just hope that they're right.
                                Don't forget about my glowing report.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X