Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Hall is a Stork

Ganbatte kudasai, Hall san.

Nishinomiya Storks basketball, scores, news, schedule, roster, players, stats, rumors, details and more on asia-basket.com
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Sweet mascot. Hope Carl tears it up.

Anyone have a sense of what kind of money basketball players in Japan or other parts of the world get paid?
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Usually it's a little less than nba pay, but sometimes it's a whole lot more. See Allen Iverson, and Kobe Bryant and co. during the lockout
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post

Anyone have a sense of what kind of money basketball players in Japan or other parts of the world get paid?
        Usually dependent on which league, what country & which organization (e.g CSK Moscow pays their players very well for an oversees Organization ... some Joe-Blow in Korea, not so much)
        Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post

Japan and China are two of the better paying countries for international basketball. But it also depends on what level of league in Japan the Storks are in, that I don't know.
          ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
          www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

One thing is for sure, the Shox have a serious global presence over the past decade.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
              Japan and China are two of the better paying countries for international basketball. But it also depends on what level of league in Japan the Storks are in, that I don't know.
              They are in the Level below the BJ league in Japan (serious) but the NBL (Carl's League) is becoming the higher league this year.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I don't know about Carl's league in specific, but Asia has been rapidly expanding its basketball salaries to attract better talent. Just like with industry, basketball money has been shifting from Europe to Asia, and more and more players (even from Europe) are going to Korea, Japan, and China. Basketball is possibly the most popular sport in Asia, but will never approach soccer in Europe, and that means that Asia has more willingness to spend.

Comment

Cricket is really popular in many Asian countries. I believe that the Sri Lankan fans burned down the house of the Sri Lankan team captain after they lost to India in the World Championship..,just sayin.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Cricket is really popular in many Asian countries. I believe that the Sri Lankan fans burned down the house of the Sri Lankan team captain after they lost to India in the World Championship..,just sayin.
                    Cricket is binary though. Huge popularity around the Indian subcontinent, but virtually none in China and Japan. Though in some cases basketball is similar, with a primary base in East Asia. Russia likes basketball as well (behind Hockey), though it has more in common with Europe than with the rest of Asia culturally.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Fortunately, Carl took the Storks offer over the Crickets offer. Cricket is big where the British Empire used to be in charge, not much elsewhere.

Comment

Are the Crickets in Carl's league too? That would be another sweet mascot.
                        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Congratulations to Carl's younger brother, Tavon Ross for his commitment to Missouri football.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Carl Hall is now a BRAVE WARRIOR :)

Leading the team in basically everything, as usual...

Comment

If I were a high level young player like so many of our former Shockers the past decade or so......I would almost be more excited to play ball overseas. Why? I dunno. Something about it just sounds very appealing. Get to see other parts of the world....and HOPEFULLY don't have to deal with all the politics in American NBA ball.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X