No announcement yet.

Interesting article in regards to Hawkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say sign it. They don't deserve it. TMH makes great points as to why it is very justified not to.

I just don't think ISUr is going to be competitive with us anytime soon with or without Hawkins, and I would like them to win some non-conference games in the next four years.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
      I'd say sign it. They don't deserve it. TMH makes great points as to why it is very justified not to.

I just don't think ISUr is going to be competitive with us anytime soon with or without Hawkins, and I would like them to win some non-conference games in the next four years.
      This is the answer.

We know they are toast regardless. The question is what will destroying them two or three times do to our resume. Let them have all the help they can get so they can at least beat Centenary.

Comment

Don't sign.

Comment

With what I've seen of Hawkins...

...signing the waiver would probably be the greatest punishment Marshall could inflict on IlSU. In Team Chemistry 101, the first lab experiment would be mixing the nitro with the glycerin.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            With what I've seen of Hawkins...

...signing the waiver would probably be the greatest punishment Marshall could inflict on IlSU. In Team Chemistry 101, the first lab experiment would be mixing the nitro with the glycerin.
            Good point. P'Allen Stinnett Part 2.

Comment

Sign the effing waiver. Teddy will be a train wreck, his whole life is a train wreck. I have nothing more than my gut to go on, but I strongly believe that Marshall backed off on Hawkins, not Hawkins decommitting from Wichita State. And if that is true, let him play wherever he can find a spot and for as long as he can stay eligible. That probably won't be too long.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

It could be that WSU hasn't even been asked to sign a waiver.
                Phi Alpha

Comment

I want us not to sign it so red turd fans can cry some more
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

LOL, does Mr. Benson cover Illinois State or does he work for Illinois State? Hard to tell with that whiny, practically begging and daring plea to WSU to get them out of their little jam?

And MAJOR LOL at that being the reason that would ever cost WSU an NCAA bid over Illinois State. We've owned the series with them. We've owned practically everything over them. They are the Valley school with the longest NCAA drought (well minus Loyola now). Yep, WSU not signing a waiver is clearly a move to make sure Illinois State doesn't steal an NCAA bid from WSU. LOL. CLASSIC.

What a toolbag.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Don't sign it! Time the red turd coaching staff realizes that actions have consequences. Not staying at least 2 years when you said you would and then sneaking in to grab a recruit when he was at a prep school that he was placed at by WSU. Add in their actions during and after gamed the last few years and the only thing they deserve is contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        LOL, does Mr. Benson cover Illinois State or does he work for Illinois State? Hard to tell with that whiny, practically begging and daring plea to WSU to get them out of their little jam?

And MAJOR LOL at that being the reason that would ever cost WSU an NCAA bid over Illinois State. We've owned the series with them. We've owned practically everything over them. They are the Valley school with the longest NCAA drought (well minus Loyola now). Yep, WSU not signing a waiver is clearly a move to make sure Illinois State doesn't steal an NCAA bid from WSU. LOL. CLASSIC.

What a toolbag.
                        Last year, yeah. But they did beat us to keep us out of the championship game in St. Louis the year we won the conference title. That was tough to get over.... That is until we beat them in the semis last year! That opening 5 minutes where they couldn't score a fg was fantastic!
                        I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                        If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Well, I find it strange that Muller would offer Hawkins a spot, possibly get him enrolled in summer school, and not even know if he could play for Ill St for 2 years.

Comment

When you're in as bad a shape as that program is, you have to take chances. I'm sure HCDM in private would concede there is less than a 1 in 5 chance Hawkins will even be enrolled in 2 seasons, much less eligible and playing basketball for ISU.

Comment

I hope HC3G takes the high ground. Sign the waiver and then beat the hell out of ISUR and Ford everytime he sees them. Games. Recruiting. Everywhere.
                              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                                I hope HC3G takes the high ground. Sign the waiver and then beat the hell out of ISUR and Ford everytime he sees them. Games. Recruiting. Everywhere.
                                There is no high ground when you are in the league. You don't help the other teams in the league at your expense. It will come back to bite you. Outside the league is different.

Comment

Working...
                                X