Interesting article in regards to Hawkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting article in regards to Hawkins

Saw this posted by Benson, sports writer for Illinois State. Didn't know if i should post this in the recruitment thread under Hawkins or not, moderators feel free to move this if need be.

Does anyone think Marshall would sign a waiver?
    Shox-4-Life

Nope. Would any mvc school do the same for wsu? Nope. They would probably respond they would but it league rules and you know we need to obey league rules (unless u were sCUm)

Comment

I disagree.

I think he would under normal circumstances. But, these are not normal circumstances.

Comment

I'd sign it.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Hawkins needs to hurry up and get to a juco.
          In the fast lane

Comment

hell no he won't
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Bad blood between WSU and ISU -- now, just what would make the writer say that?:wink-new: Now, if Hawkins has a dad, uncle or much older brother that ISU could hire ------

Comment

And even if Marshall were to sign the waiver, I'm not sure "Teddy" could get his act together to qualify.

Comment

Dan Muller is going to beat Gregg Marshall because Illinois State has Hawkins? Sign it so there are no excuses. Plus Dan will owe Gregg one.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

"You can’t really blame the Shockers or Marshall, either. What school in their right mind would do that and then have it come back to bite them, possibly costing them an NCAA Tournament berth?"

HAHAHAHA! Now that is some funny stuff coming from the most-likely-to-be-irrelevant team the next few years....

Comment

Hawkins is with ILL State because he chronically isn't qualifying academically to play D-1. I bet his committing to ILL State gives him extra time to try to get his act together while he appears to be just waiting to get cleared by the conference transfer rule. I suppose maybe its less embarrassing if people don't know the real reason you aren't playing yet.

Comment

Teddy has a problem getting qualified and now it's WSU's problem? I don't think so. I don't think we owe anyone any favors on this.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          "You can’t really blame the Shockers or Marshall, either. What school in their right mind would do that and then have it come back to bite them, possibly costing them an NCAA Tournament berth?"

HAHAHAHA! Now that is some funny stuff coming from the most-likely-to-be-irrelevant team the next few years....
                          This.

Hasn't Muller kicked off every player from last year's roster by now? Do they even have enough players to "bite us" with?

IMO, sign this waiver for anyone except for Illinois State.

Comment

Outside of the situations listed in the article where a players father was at another Valley school and similar other situations, I don't think I would waive a voucher on a player going to a conference opponent, but especially in this case.

Not only did Illinois State poach an assistant coach from us, that assistant coach is the connection Illinois State has to Hawkins. Even if you don't think there is anything wrong with that situation, when you poach and assistant coach and that assistant poaches one of your signees, you are under exactly 0 obligation to do them any favors to make that situation easier.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

In no way should we ever do anything that helps IlSU specifically. I really don't care if it was any other Valley team, but I want IlSU finishing 10th for a while. We are well justified in being petty against them.

I don't think it matters regardless, since I don't think Hawkins will be eligible to play for a D1 team any time soon.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                              X