Gibbs Gets a 6th Year - Dougie is a Walk-On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibbs Gets a 6th Year - Dougie is a Walk-On

I had no clue Grant Gibbs had any possible reason for getting a 6th year, but (according to Jenn) he's got it. CU was full on schollies, so Dougie is paying his own way this year.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Now I see that. I have a habit of checking that Forum maybe once or twice in ... well, forever.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I had no clue Grant Gibbs had any possible reason for getting a 6th year, but (according to Jenn) he's got it. CU was full on schollies, so Dougie is paying his own way this year.
        So ... basically the coach is paying the tuition of one of his players?
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

If McD is paying his own son's tuition isn't it basically free? Don't care, we aren't playing them this year and they will be to chicken to play us in the near future.

Comment

Good for him. He deserves to be on the ship when it goes down.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
              If McD is paying his own son's tuition isn't it basically free? Don't care, we aren't playing them this year and they will be to chicken to play us in the near future.
              I think I read that University employees like coaches only get tuition discounts after being there for 5 years. Since Coach McD has only been there 4, Doug will be having to pay full price for tuition, room and board, books, etc. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $44,000 is what I saw.

Comment

Isn't Gibbs a tenured professor by now? Seems like he has been there forever.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

He would be eligible for that employee tuition discount. Why doesn't he walk on instead? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                    I think I read that University employees like coaches only get tuition discounts after being there for 5 years. Since Coach McD has only been there 4, Doug will be having to pay full price for tuition, room and board, books, etc. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $44,000 is what I saw.
                    Doug won't pay a penny. Can you see him working Armstead style to pay for tuition? I doubt he could make enough if he tried.

Either dad pays the whole thing or it goes on loans until he gets that first NBA check.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                      Doug won't pay a penny. Can you see him working Armstead style to pay for tuition? I doubt he could make enough if he tried.

Either dad pays the whole thing or it goes on loans until he gets that first NBA check.
                      Well I knew Doug wouldn't be paying for it. I just chose poor words.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post

Interesting that in a very weak NBA draft class Dougie decided to come back. The NBA is a draft on potential league.
                        Hope he has a great year or he may have cost himself some major cash in the draft.
                        "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                        which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X