Boatright reprimanded by NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boatright reprimanded by NCAA

I guess with all the good, you're bound to get a little of the bad.

Specifically, Boatright had a verbal confrontation with the Staples Center security staff prior to Wichita State’s regional semifinal contest against LaSalle.
    Any idea what he did? What it was about?
    Last edited by jdmee; June 26, 2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

And so the scrutiny begins. My guess is he tried to drink out of a bottle without NCAA plastered on the side. When they start issuing reprimands for referees blowing calls in final fours and schools and coaches continually paying agents, AAU coaches, and parents, I'll turn my give-a-crapper back on.

#SeniorAssociateAthleticsDirectALittleLessAngry

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
        Any idea what he did?
        From the article linked to by @RoyalShock::

Specifically, Boatright had a verbal confrontation with the Staples Center security staff prior to Wichita State’s regional semifinal contest against LaSalle.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 26, 2013, 10:42 AM.

Comment

I wonder who complained?
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            From the article linked to by @RoyalShock::

I caught that right after I posted, however that doesn't really say what he did/what it was about.

Comment

Oops - quoted the wrong message - My later post quotes the right one.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Self reprimanded and fined

Kansas men’s basketball head coach Bill Self received a public reprimand and a fine for misconduct during the 2013 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship. Specifically, Self damaged the LED scorers table when he struck it during Kansas’ third-round contest against the North Carolina.
                NCAA guidelines define misconduct as “any act of dishonesty, unsportsmanlike conduct, unprofessional behavior or breach of law, occurring from the time the championship field is announced through the end of the championship that discredits the event or intercollegiate athletics.”
                “Coach Self’s actions were out of line with the committee’s expectations that championship participants act in a manner that represents the highest standards of sportsmanship,” said Ron Wellman, chair of the Division I Men’s Basketball Committee and athletic director at Wake Forest.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                  I wonder who complained?
                  A. Roy Williams
                  B. Shaka Smart
                  C. Dan Muller

Edit:
                  D. Security guard hired from the Illinois State campus
                  Last edited by Aargh; June 26, 2013, 01:25 PM.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    A. Roy Williams
                    B. Shaka Smart
                    C. Dan Muller
                    Perhaps I'm about to be reprimanded for my encounter with B.

Comment

wtf?!

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        A. Roy Williams
                        B. Shaka Smart
                        C. Dan Muller
                        D. Security Guard
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          I'll turn my give-a-crapper back on.

#SeniorAssociateAthleticsDirectALittleLessAngry
                          Classic.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

No, no, no everybody has the story wrong. Said security guard happened to catch Boatright as he was leaving the restroom and noticed that he hadn't washed his hands the full 20 seconds that the posted sign suggested. An arguement ensued and the rest is history. Move along, nothing to see here.
                            "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Sounds like a situation where if anyone not associated with, or under the NCAA umbrella complains about someone under the NCAA umbrella, a reprimand is issued.

Whatever, NCAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X