Rule Changes for '13-'14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I can't find a link yet but I've been told by important people that the Valley is again looking to add a 10th team.

Details to come.
    I don't know what that means, but I want to.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I'm guessing Doc means that with more offensive freedom, and teams not getting away with playing "cheap" defense, the rest of the league will want nothing to do with us. But that's just a guess.

Comment

Under the revised block/charge call in men’s basketball, adefensive player is not permitted to move into the path of an offensive playeronce he has started his upward motion with the ball to attempt a field goal orpass.

How is the old dipsy-doodle, up, under, around and through drive to the basket a la Armstead or Fred going to be interpreted as an "upward move with the ball"?
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          I'm guessing Doc means that with more offensive freedom, and teams not getting away with playing "cheap" defense, the rest of the league will want nothing to do with us. But that's just a guess.
          OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM CEDAR FALLS:

Upon learning of the new rule regarding the block/charge, UNI immediately decided to disband their mens basketball program. Coaches were heard muttering "If we can't fake it, we can't play it" as they gathered their milk crates/desks/personal items.

School officials are now deciding where to spend the unexpected windfall of $21.75.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM CEDAR FALLS:

Upon learning of the new rule regarding the block/charge, UNI immediately decided to disband their mens basketball program. Coaches were heard muttering "If we can't fake it, we can't play it" as they gathered their milk crates/desks/personal items.

School officials are now deciding where to spend the unexpected windfall of $21.75.
            Exhibit A in the case of "Interpret Doc at your own risk". :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Honestly the refs were pretty consistent. You just have to interpret the rule like this: If the defensive player is wearing a Shocker uniform, it's a blocking foul, otherwise it's a charge. I think they got it right 90% of the time if you just look at it like that.
              Hilarious!

Comment

Working...
              X